Tuesday 2 September 2008

Tuesday, Friday Market.

most Tuesday's or Fridays we go to Soi Bukaow market just off Pattaya Tai or South,

Friendship super market is on the same road almost opposite so it is there that we park, this is the sprit house in the car park on the other side of the road in Soi Bukaow looking towards Friendship and Sumkvit same place but looking towards 2nd. road, considering it is market day and about 1 in the afternoon there is hardly any traffic, things are really quite out here looking along Soi Bukaow it'self Diana buying some clothes, fresh waffles every market day, not sure I would like to bump in to that boiling oil, but what ever it is it smells pretty good! the latest crop of oranges, I think these are called logans or might be lumyai?

How did that song go? yes we have no bananas! to tell the truth I have never seen these before, all I could find out is that you eat them, but I have no idea if you eat them raw or cooked or wether they are just used to flavour food, now leaving the food part of the market and making our way to the plant section

view along the side of the Dolphin restaurant were we sometimes have coffee

the Dolphin restaurant sprit house, this is my favorite part of the market, the orchids and live stock, but I did not take any pictures of the dogs, cats, birds and fish as some time ago I saw some one being told in no uncertain terms not to take pictures of the live stock,
row upon row of beautiful orchids, I have to say the two pictured above are my favorite type of orchid, then just a little further along are the more "usual" type of plants for the garden, after all of that shopping a refreshing glass of ice coffee, then home for tea and medals, if you want to look at the pictures from our Philippine trip please go to the bottom of the page and click older posts.

1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

I think that those fruit are called "lumyai."

Thai people don't like you taking pictures of anything they are selling. Hmm... they probably think that the camera will steal the puppy's soul.