Thursday 30 October 2008

Speeding Muppet!

Speeding puppet at wheel of British car makes Muppet's of the German police,
German police are appealing for help in finding a British driver making Muppet's out of them. Which I find a bit strange as at some time I remember the German Police refusing to hand over German driver details when visiting German nationals commit a offense in the UK. Speed cameras in the state of Bavaria have captured an Audi car breaking the speed limit several times with a Muppet Show character appearing to be at the wheel. Only after examining speed camera photos more closely did they realise it was a right-hand drive car with UK plates.
Only a blur was captured in the driving seat, because the speed cameras are focused for left-hand drive cars. The puppet in question is Animal, the Muppet Show’s crazed drummer in the band Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem. German police have logged the details of the car with its central registration bureau for fines but, as the car is not listed in Germany, they are powerless to pursue the matter unless they snag the driver in a routine stop. 'We do, however, ask the public to help us identify the driver as he or she has been speeding through several cameras recently,' said a spokesman. In the latest incident the Audi was travelling on the A9 autobahn near Bayreuth at 20 mph over the 75mph limit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.

I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not
even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, awesome site!
Here is my weblog ... v2 cigs reviews