Saturday 22 November 2008

Evening Meal At The Romanasia,

after making our reservations this afternoon we were all dressed up and ready to go!
the girls really like dressing up for the evening, Jeff and Da,
Diana and myself, with the dress that was purchased this morning,
for starters it was pumpkin soup for Jeff,
Diana ordered sizzling prawns, they were brought out on this iron hot plate, but were covered in these small clay pots, to stop any of the oil from getting on our clothes, a really nice touch, Da had lobster bisque,
and I had salmon wrapped fried rolls,
Diana's shrimps with covers removed,
for the main course Diana had baked salmon and vegetables,
Jeff had shepard's pie,
for Da it was pork with cheese and pepper sauce,
and for me scallops in a white wine sauce,
the food was sooooo nice here we decided on a third course, yes I know diet next week! I had roast lamb,
Jeff had the prawn cocktail,
and I forgot we had our usual 2 liters of Corallo red wine which was only 200 baht for corkage,
then after a break the deserts, apple crumble and custard,
and pancake, syrup and ice cream,
"Cheers!" from Diana and myself,
and Jeff and Da,
Da, Jeff and Diana, pose by the first Christmas tree this year,
well I had to get in on the act as well!
Romanasia at night, it was a meal to remember, the food, service, decor, background music were all just right, considering Jeff and myself both had 4 courses the bill came to we all agreed a very reasonable 1,200 baht per couple, if any one knows a better deal than that in a 5* restaurant around town please do not keep it to yourselves! one thing I did notice is that this is one of the few restaurants we have been to where every table was taken, thinking back it must be a first, if you want to go there I would recommend phoning first the number is 087-1358357 or 087-1414531 alternately e-mail: RESERVATION@ROMANASIA.COM or visit their website Cheers!

No comments: