Wednesday 12 November 2008

I can not be called British any more!

well not if I am in Caerphilly, the council in South Wales has issued a leaflet to council staff, and it says - wait for it! the term and I quote, ‘The idea of “British” implies a false sense of unity – many Scots, Welsh and Irish resist being called British and the land denoted by the term contains a wide variety of cultures, languages and religions.’ For a foreigner to remain in the United Kingdom, opps! sorry Mr. Ron Davies – who lost his Cabinet job in 1998 after what he described as a ‘moment of madness’, when he was robbed after meeting a man on Clapham Common, a well-known gay haunt is the man behind the advice, I guess we can not use United Kingdom either! But to continue, a foreigner who wants to stay permanently he or she must past a "Britishness" exam so I guess the government will have to make up a new name for that exam! Looks like I am going to have to say it again, the lunatics are still running the asylum!

No comments: