Saturday 21 March 2009

First Stop The Fishing Tackle Shop In Between Soi 17 And Pattaya Tai,

Diana's friend Riza wanted to take up fishing,
whilst I have plenty of spare fishing things to give her,
I did not have one of thoes small compartmented things to put hooks, beads, swivels etc, in so 30 baht later and we were good to go! the above view is looking towards Soi 17 from outside the shop,
and looking towards, Pattaya Tai,
then to Dr. Channis to make an appointment for work to start on my root canal, I could have started today (Saturday) but as we have a few friends calling in for a bar-b-q this after noon I decided to make the appointment for Monday, then later in the afternoon off to the Friday,Saturday and Sunday night market in Teppresit Road, I wanted to go there as I fancied some sushi for my evening meal and I was sure that Diana would like to look at some new clothes! so park up the motorbike,
I normally have a quick look around and then settle at one of the bars there for a couple of beers whilst Diana is shopping, this one is about half way along the market,
even before you get into the main market there are lots of stalls selling food,
a view of some stalls looking towards Jomtien,
and looking the other way towards Sumkivit,
so many dress and jean stalls to chose from!
and plants as well and this is not even in the plant section,
at the far end (Jomtien end) there are some other beer and food stalls,
second hand shoes, only 80 baht,
this is about two thirds of the way down the market and is where I normally sit having a beer, the clothes stalls on the left and the food stalls on the right
I never realised it but there are almost as many types of mangoes as there are apples,
salted and bar-b-qued fish, shrimps and squid,
this stall is a type of help yourself food shop,
view from the other end,
sushi, my supper tonight!
and of course lots of fresh fruit for healthy eating,
more sushi, all 7 baht each or 11 for 70 baht, so I tucked into my 11 whilst watching "George In The Jungle" when we arrived home,
there are so many food stalls to chose from,
about 3 walkways with stalls both sides,
this was an interesting combination a shop selling cactus and fishing tackle,
another shop had my favorite type of orchids for sale,
Diana has given me all of the shopping so far, so with empty hands she is off again!
this is where you will normally find me when we go shopping at the market, about once a month or so,
view from my seat at the bar, lights on as it is getting dark,
me with the shopping and a nice cold beer!
Myself and Diana relaxing after a hectic evenings shopping!
we bought some more of these things to munch on whilst watching TV and very nice they were to! anyway off now to Friendship to pick up the vodka, gin, beer, meat and bread for this afternoon, "Cheers!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear stan and diana, great to keep looking at the blog, the uk is double grim!!! see you all reall soon mick an mass, wet cold pissed off no money and to top it all in the UK !!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mick and Mass, sorry to hear things are still bad in the UK, I was hoping with the coming of spring things would improve, over here things still seem to be busy but I think a fall is coming this way soon, let us know when you are ariving, Diana will get the bedding out, best regards, Stan and Diana.