Thursday 23 April 2009

Along To Immigration Again,

to pick up my two letters of residence, one for the bike licence and one for the car, I was also told I needed two doctors certificates (I later found out that I did not need any as I was renewing two 5 year licences) so back from the doctors and off to the licence center, but the best laid schemes tend to go wrong, the truck had a flat battery, so a quick recharge, back in the UK batteries would last about 5 or so years, over here about a year and a half, oh well, in the truck, miss the turn by the Regents school, drive to the next U turn, take the wrong road where it forks, now only 15 kilometers to the next U turn on my way to Bangkok! but luckily there was a turn off before that which went under the motorway, so that was alright then, I arrived at the test center at about 5 past 1, I was number 194, the bad news is that 124 was showing on the board, when the ticketamatic got to 157 it seemed to stay there forever, it had broken, the lady had been calling out numbers for the last hour, the problem was that the Thai lady and her husband beside me could not make out what numbers she was saying, so I had no chance! at last I found a Thai guy with number 193 so I followed him, well took the eye, colour, distance and reaction test and past, I must admit the staff doing this were pretty rude, a comment echoed by the Thai people there as well, at last the licences was issued, 960 baht for both, 5 to 5 in the afternoon and just us falangs there, although there was a ticketing system in place it was us last, one poor chap I was talking to had been there since 10.30 in the morning! at least I only had to wait 4 hours, the problem for what I see of it is that there are the same number of people there as 5 years ago, but I am guessing the number of people needing a licence has over the past 5 years risen, but then home and out for a beer! OK vodka and soda, Diana was looking as lovely as ever, and we were soon in town, Diana is getting off the motorbike just opposite the VC hotel,
Walking Street still a bit quite, with lots of road in view,
we had a chat with Tom in Sisterz and were later joined by John Boy, Jay and Precil, then over to see Juu in Champions, but on the way I spotted some emergency electrical repairs going on,
I would not fancy sorting that lot out!
after a chat with Juu it was off home via the bug cart,
this guy is seen all around town,
bugs, eels and frogs,
these were about 3-4 inches long,
Diana's favorite!
and now the bugs are cooked,
then a chicken leg for me,
oh no! more shoes!
and then more food for when we get home,
another couple on their way home, with no police around 3 on a bike is OK,
risking life and limb a shot from the back of the bike,
not much traffic on the roads, it is only just midnight,
nearly home,
and here we are home safe and sound, another great night out, looking forward to fishing tomorrow, "Cheers!"

No comments: