Thursday 28 May 2009

Chicken Feet Soup For Our Evening Meal

then off to town,
there were not so many food stalls here today,
empty tables and chairs everywhere,
Diana getting ready the 60 baht for 2 take home soups,
the food sellers even had time to watch some television, evidently there was some football game on, then it was into town, I have found a new game to play on Walking Street, it is called "Spot the tourist!"
"roll up, roll up! any seats you like, please!"
the beer bars where the Simon cabaret used to be,
wait a second, I am sure those two guys in the distance must be tourists,
I thought there was a couple there, but I guess not, they are the band!
Diana was fascinated by these ever flowing cans, but I still do not think she gets it, even when there are a few not working for sale and I showed her how the pump in the mug replaces the fluid,
anyway back to my game of spot the tourist, score so far 2,
this is more like it, take away the Thai door staff, the guy selling tickets to a sex show and the lady wanting to take your picture, and there must be at least 5 or even 6 tourists walking around,
now getting a bit busier here near SisterZ,
we all meet inside, Big Jim, Tom, Grieg, Jay and Fred, then it was over to Champions for a night cap, a good time was had by all,
then sausages and a chicken leg and on to the bikes for the drive home,
but first a little shopping for Diana,
then on to the bike, 20 baht for Diana, (as they think she is Thai) and 40 baht for me, (as they know I am a falang!) well I have to say I have never seen so few people in town, as if to confirm this one guy on one of the boards remarked his friend is a manager in a hotel, two days ago he received an e-mail from him, "we have no guests and no bookings for the next 4 weeks, relying on walk in's now" during the course of the evening Diana asked to be taken to one of her favorite restaurants for our Thursday evening meal, so on Thursday it is McDonald's here we come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another great Blog, Stan.

Pattaya looking uncomfortably quiet at the moment. The big worry I think, is that the Thai's rely so much on Farang holiday money, that if it isn't there, then the holidaymakers who are in Pattaya, maybe be fleeced to make up for it.

Do we know if it is equally quiet in the tourist areas of Bangkok?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, glad that you like the blog, I am sure that a lot of bars etc are try to obtain money by other means, so count your change! as for Bangkok I see no reason why it should not be the same as Pattaya, but I have not been to the tourist areas there in years, so I guess I will have to say that I can not confirm it is as quite, I have found a few pictures of my house in the jungle being constructed so I will post those tomorrow, also a comment by Land Department Director Anuwat Meteewiboonwut regarding home ownership, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Issarat said...

Visa changes and the costs of 'fun' in the tourist areas has finally caught up.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Issarat, you are so right, just a small example, soft spread margarine, we use a small pack every Saturday, 148 baht that's 2.96 UK pounds or roughly $4.40 so we now use real butter as it is cheaper! also many of the bars and money exchanges are resorting to short changing people, I hate to admit it only last week a exchange caught me for 100 baht, I was so intent on watching her count the 1,000 baht notes I missed the count on the hundreds when I got home 100 baht note short! the bad news is that I think it is going to get worse, I just hope we all get a better rate for our hard earned pounds and dollars, best regards, Stan and Diana.