Wednesday 13 May 2009

Many Times I Have Mentioned To My Friends About The House I Built In The Jungle,

well here it is, a friend of mine Don gave me this picture of his girlfriend when they called in to see me, this is a view from under the house looking towards the aviary and spirit house,
along the back balcony, I bought 2,000 square meters of a disused coconut farm,
inside, mahogany floors and walls,
looking at the house as you turn right in the drive way, to the right the maid and gardeners houses, and behind a 19 meter tall wind pump to keep the fish pond topped up, the back of the house was all glass, so I could slide back the doors for a full view of the pond, outside was a 3 meter wide balcony leading down to the fishing platform,
I dug the pond, it was roughly 35 X 30 meters, I also shelved the pool it was 7 meters deep in the middle with shelves at 2 and 4 meters,
jungle at the back tea house on the left,
not that it was needed but a mosquito net over the bed looked nice, there was room for parking 4 cars underneath the house, I put in an irrigation system that automatically watered the plants every day, the land I bought was near Mr. Tony's at Hauy Yai, about 30 minuets from Pattaya, I had a great time there, but looking after two houses became to much for me so I sold it about 5 years ago, the new owner John has now bought some more land next to it and made the plot double its size.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what price any profit?

thanks

ps u didnt build u hired a bunch of locals

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, I guess I have not met you as if you were one of my close freinds you would have alrady known I sold it for exactly what I paid for it, but I did not include any of the costs of the plants, so in fact I sold it at a loss, as for price the house was 950,000 bhat, a little under budget, remember this was several years ago, 2 people turn up the same day and offered the asking price, so I sold it to John as he arrived first, as for hiring staff to build it, I award you a Ph.D with honours for stating the bleeding obvious! best regards, Stan and Diana.