Wednesday 26 August 2009

I Have To buy Some Cable For The Train Set,

I mentioned this to Jay, so on the way back we called into a Radio Control model shop that he had seen, it is on the Sumkivit in turning on the left as you go towards Pattaya/Bangkok hospital on the same side, the wire is 7/0.2mm, (7 strand, 0.2 mm in diameter) I wanted 100 meters of red and a 100 of black, in the UK £7.50 a drum, the shop had some, but it was £90.00 a drum! I did not want it that much, the guy said he got it from CareFour so off we went,
the place is huge, upstairs to the electrical section but no luck,
but good news for Diana as she saw some nice earrings, well 3 pairs as luck would have it,
and guess what? the earring stall was right outside Swensens, now how lucky was that! but we drove back, stopping at electrical shops on the way one place had what I needed, but only in blue 100 meters £8.00 which was fair, the problem being I really wanted red and black as it will make wiring the track a little bit easier, so I will go with the blue unless I can get some sent from the UK, after a cup of tea it was out for our evening meal, chicken soup, but some of the food on sticks looked quite nice,
looking behind the guy serving our soup the place was not very full,
which I guess explains why there were more than normal at the front tables on Third Road,
whilst waiting Diana bought some milk and a phone card at the 7-11 on the corner,
and a few insects to snack on whilst watching tonight's movie,
they are pre cooked but are when purchased re heated in oil with some leaves,
then sprayed with some liquid, I do not know what, then eaten, though I do not really like them myself, Diana seems not to be able to go past a stall without buying some,
just as we were getting on the bike to go home this was stopped by the lights, it was so loud it was untrue! it had a TV screen with what the inside of the club was like, this one was from Hollywood, there are another two of these moving advertisements in town, a black one and a red one, huge wheels and tyres with raised suspension, not easy to miss!
this is one of our new movie sets, 4 DVD's from the BBC, we watched the first one, I had missed all of these in the UK, a real credit to all involved,
then for a complete change of pace we watched Fitzcarrldo, it is the story of Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald, (the natives could not pronounce Fitzgerald) who wanted to build an opera house in the South American jungle, to make his fortune he had to get a boat to transport rubber over the Pongo Falls, which he tries to do using native labour, by winching it up a mountain, if I tell you any more it will spoil the film! by now it was early morning so we did not watch any more of The Tudors, so off to bed!

No comments: