Friday 7 August 2009

Pattayaland Soi 13/1,

is a road I seldom go down,
but it leads to beach road from Second Road,
then went for a slow drive along Walking Street, all of the bars in Simon beer bar complex now in full operation, Big Jim went there one evening, he said it was pretty quite,

one of the many things about Thailand that amazes me is how cables and wiring are so haphazard, take a look at the electric pole on the left hand side,

a close up of it, the next power pole along the road, with a transformer,

notice the no parking sign, the road is 50/50 with parking one side on even or odd days,
but back to what I find amazing is that there are so few electrical fires and even less blackouts, the way cables, both low voltage like telephone and cable TV are placed along side, over or under others, not only 220 mains but 415 three phase, still it all seems to work! Mark and Mr. Tony called round today, so I did not get upstairs to do anything to the railway, then all to soon it was off to a busy Soi Blues Factory,
even at this early hour about 7.30 Walking Street was busy, lots of people, but few spending money,
a good crowd, it is now about 8.15 and I have just finished my curried chicken and rice at the Bier Kitchen, I then popped into see Juu in Champions and bumped in to a few friend there over the course of the evening,
then time to head home, the Pizza restaurant was going flat out, with most tables taken, which is busier than I had seen it before, then of to the land of Nod.

No comments: