Monday 24 August 2009

Unless You Are Into Model Trains I Would Skip This Post!

now my conscience is clear,
the turntable is ready to go,
to get the trains on to it the last sleeper has to be removed, a slimmer sleeper is needed, but this will not happen for some time yet as I need to solder wire onto the tracks to supply power,
the first parts of the foam underlay has been pinned in place, after making sure all is well it will be glued with PVA glue,
curve pinned in place,
I used Woodland Scenics underlay and track pins,
the box gives a better idea of what it is like,
looking good so far,
track leading down to the turntable,
hole for the turntable motor and gearbox,
the motor will have two wires soldered on and then connected to a transformer to reduce the current to 6 volts,
track for the roundhouse cut but not yet wired,
inner rails angle cut to make the engines locate easier, after spend an enjoyable time upstairs it was time to go shopping,
first to Friendship, then to one of the bug stalls as Jay and Precil were in town and were going to call in for a drink and a chat on their way home,
and some fresh fruit,
bugs a cooking!
then the evening meal fish and chips with fried onion rings and garden peas, complete with vinegar and tartar sauce,
Jay and myself went upstairs so the girls could watch some Filipino movies,
all to soon it was time to go, so Diana and myself settled down to watch part 6 and 7 of The Tudors, then as Zebidee said. "it's time for bed!"

3 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Do the tracks on the turntable have their own electricity source, or do they just "make a connection" with the tracks on either side? Do the tracks in the roundhouse have power as well, or will they only be powered when the turntable is pointed at them?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, I hit the delete button by mistake instead of publish so I did not have time to read them, but from memory here are the three replies,
First Anonymous, I did not understand what you meant by the iron cross?
Second Anonymous, many thanks for the kind comments about Diana’s cooking and I have to confess it was too much for me, I did leave some but Diana soon made short work of that!
third anonymous, sorry you think "I know to much" I do not really know what to make of that, but thanks for saying bye, hope you have better luck looking at other blogs, bye! Don’t really know why I answered the last one as he/she said they would not be back, best regards to all, Stan and Diana.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, yes the turntable will have it's own supply as will the tracks in the roundhouse, those will be permanently on so a engine can go from the turntable to any of the bays (I hope!) best regards, Stan and Diana.