Thursday 3 September 2009

A Little More Time On The Railway,

due to me soldering the top of my finger I will do a little on the track!
first I stick the underlay in place using track pins,
trying to keep the track parrall,
then apply glue and using the other track as a guide, stick down the underlay,
then using the one glued in place do the same with the other one,
then leave over night to dry,
next it will be laying the track itself,
before I started on the trains we went to the UBC office on Sumkivit, I as you may remember cancelled our subscription as UBC cancelled BBCE and that was the channel we watched the most, anyway I received a letter addressed in English to me, but inside was a letter 100% in Thai, so I guessed that wanted my bank details to return my refundable deposit, so off we went, letter envelope bank book and passport just in case, I figured they open at 10 so we arrived at 9.55 and were told to come back as they opened at 11, so back I went, at 11, I showed the letter to one of the ladies there who spent a good 5 or 6 minuets reading the 2 lines on it, perplex she then showed it to one of her colleagues, who took slightly less time to read it, she then asked me if I had the envelope which I then gave her, much to my surprise out of it she pulled a cheque from UBC, how to look an idiot in one easy lesson! anyway Wednesday so out on the town,
not many people about at 7.30,
steak and mushrooms for Diana, chicken curry for me, total 402 baht,
we then went to Dang's on the corner of Soi Diamond, Jay and Precil walked past and said they would join us later in Champions,
over the road a failed disco is being refurbished for the coming high season,
and then Sanjay from the UK arrived, we had been trying to meet up for the past few weeks but had only just managed it, unfortunately it was his families last day, so it was bon voyage this evening,
then Steve and Mike called in as well as Big Jim,
and eventually Wayne's wife Tanida and her younger sister Nee found us, it is Nee's first visit to Walking Street, so I think Steve was going to take them for a few beers,
also of course little Laura was there,
Sanjay, Jay and Precil, Big Jim and us then popped into Champions for a few in there then said our good-byes, then time for the food carts,
so much to chose from,
decisions, decisions! for me a chicken leg, for Diana some things on a stick, then home to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stan. You mention in your blog 'the coming high season'. When is high season in Thailand? I presume this means more holiday makers as well?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, typically the high season is November, December, January and February, this is because at this time of year it is the Thailand equivalent of "winter" cooler and not so humid, but still can catch out the unwary with sun burn, years ago incredulous as it may be there were shortages of hotel rooms at this time, but how busy it will be with the downturn in the world economy this year is anyone’s guess, best regards, Stan and Diana.