Friday 2 October 2009

Tesco Makes The Streets Safe From Killer Spoons!

in it's fight against crime, Tesco have introduced their 'Think 25' scheme, which demands ID from people who look under 25 when buying certain goods, booze, cigarettes and knifes, all very commendable, but when Emma Sheppard 21, from Malvern, tried to buy teaspoons, some of which are as cheap as 57p for their 'Value' pack of five, she was asked for ID, 'I'm 21, I would have understood the need to ID me if it was alcohol, but it wasn't, it was teaspoons I need to stir my cup of coffee in the morning, I didn't have my ID on me as I was only doing my weekly food shop and was not buying any alcohol, We couldn't get the spoons in the end, good to see Tesco sticking by it's guns to the bitter end, flying directly into the face of common sense! but later it appeared that common sense was not dead, a Tesco spokesperson said: 'Some utensils, such as knifes, will carry a 'Think 25' alert when scanned through the checkout, there is an element of common sense involved and this was a mistake, for which we are sorry' I hope Tesco's now take spoons off of the 25 alert, but what a headline that would have been 'Killer spoons stalk Malvern!'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still don't have any teaspoons! :(

PattayaStan said...

Dear Emma, what can I say? I know shop at Waitrose! I just love putting stuff like this on the blog, life seems so serious nowadays for me it is so nice just to have a chuckle! best regards, Stan and Diana.