Saturday 23 January 2010

My Computer Arrived Back

and so far all seems well, but as I started to put a few pictures on the blog the heavens opened up, naturally my Internet connection stopped as it usually does, when it rains, when the sun is out, the moon is out, there is dust in the air, blue skies, clouds, it is day, it is night and a lot of other reasons, then just as I got a connection - the power went out!
eventually the power came back and the rain stopped and I finished the blog, now the good news Diana's apple ipod shuffel (that has taken a dislike to my computer and myself) can now be charged from the computer and we can download songs from it and buy them from iTunes, it has only taken 6 months to get this far since I bought it (big mistake), now the bad news, the headphones that came with it have given up! I kid you not, not even 6 months old, hardly used, purchased in the UK, so taking them back is not an option, back to the good news, Diana tried the headphones from her DVD player and they work fine, so at least I do not have to buy another apple product, but after all of that on to the market,
as we arrived at the market there were still rain clouds in the air, the paper lantern stall,
and who should we bump into? none other than Geoff, Fe and Samuel,
and Mick and Mass, we decided to have a look around then have a beer,
it was still early so not many people about,
we went to look at the flower and fish section, a few new orchids,
it seems as if they are all coming into flower at the same time of year,
every week there are different ones on display in flower,
I must admit though I prefer the larger flowering ones,
although these are quite nice,
outside one of the fish shops a Arapaima gigas originally from South America but they can now be purchased over here, but you need a big aquarium!
Diana and Mass return from doing their shopping,
Mick strikes the pose, then much to our surprise Mr. Tony and Micky on the Hill called by, I took a picture, but it came out blurred D'Oh!
I then had to get Diana past those 3 wheelers again, and most were pink,
next stop the soup stall,
Friday was quite busy for the vendors,
and then who should walk by but Mick! he and Mass were buying some food at the same place,
Steve (B2) had called to say he was popping around if we were in, so an extra soup, plus Diana thought we were nearly out of milk, biscuits, ice cream, crisps, peanuts and goodness knows what else so I was fully loaded, Steve called round so we had a good chat and saw off a bottle of Vodka, we called it a night about 2 in the morning and then it was off to bed,
but before I go many thanks to some one who made a comment about our liking of New Tricks, whoever it was suggested we might also like a BBC drama Hustle, I have put the reply here as I can make a link to it, which I can not seem to do on the comments page, well I have had a look and they will be added to my 'to buy' list for when I return to the UK, many thanks.

No comments: