Thursday 7 January 2010

Well I Knew It Would Be Only A Matter Of Time,

before another Health and Safety rule made the blog, it is a new game called, 'spot the bin that will not be emptied!' dustmen have been banned from emptying wheelie bins if the lids are open by only a quarter of an inch – in case rubbish spills out and injures them, many of the bins cited in complaints by householders were packed with a fortnight’s rubbish for the first collection after the Christmas break, but in complete disregard and contempt for the people that pay their wages householders were told to take excess rubbish to the local tip, but this was described as an impossible task for elderly and disabled people rendered housebound by snow, Bill Gough, a 54-year-old office manager, confronted the collectors when they refused to empty his bin on Tuesday, ‘I’d stamped on my rubbish to get it as flat as possible but the lid was still a little open,’ he said, ‘I’d managed to wheel it down to the bottom of my driveway without any spillages and was shocked when a binman told me they couldn’t empty it because the lid was more than quarter of an inch open, I thought he was joking but then he got his measuring tape out and showed me, they said they had no choice for health and safety reasons, all I’m asking them to take away a few bits of extra wrapping paper – not dispose of nuclear waste,' Grandmother Doreen Stubbs, 66, said: ‘The binmen were totally obnoxious and swore at my son when he asked why they hadn’t collected the rubbish, there was no talking to them, they were like the Gestapo, if little old ladies can drag their bins then surely men, who we pay to do their jobs, can use a bit of common sense and compassion,' Mark Wallace, from the Taxpayers’ Alliance pressure group, condemned the council’s ‘petty decision’ for me Grandmother Doreen Stubbs, 66, says it all, ‘The binmen, could of used a bit of common sense and compassion,' but that's Coventry City Council for you.

No comments: