Wednesday 17 February 2010

As It Was Saturday We Had A bit Of Shopping To Do,

but before then Steve and myself wanted to visit the yearly motorbike show,
called Burapa it is held at the stadium on Chaipok 2 Road on the other side of Sumkivit,
I must admit for me it is the old British bikes rather than the newer Japanese and German designed machines that I enjoy looking at, like this Ariel,
or for a more German flavour this Ural made under licence in Russia,
a Harley work horse from the war,
another early Harley, another rare one for over here, a Matchless,
a single B.M.W. a R25 I think, I have seen more than a few of these over here, I wonder what the history is of how so many of them or indeed any of the other old bikes came to be out here?
now this is a strange one, I thought it might be a Corgi, a folding type of motorcycle air dropped to troops, (sold as the Papoose under the Indian name in the States), but it looks way to heavy and the weired front suspension is totally wrong, so I do not have a clue what it is, but it somehow looks French,
another strange one, but custom made, the owner seems to have gone 'rustic',
with what appears to be seeds stuck all over it,
then on to some Harley's, designed by a German company to be fast and sleek, in black,
also available in silver, just a small point to HD I was chatting to Phil who has had one of these for a number of years now but it seems something in the fuel over here dissolves the petrol sensor in the tank, I wonder if other V-Rod owners over here have had the same problem?
now here is a bit of fun, it is a Westfield 7 based on the Lotus 7, but the good news is that you can buy one here, from only 1.3 million baht,
another slightly different V-Rod, 'Screaming Eagle' painted on the tank,
of course there were so many choppers to look at, not my taste for a number of reasons, but I have to admire the amount of work that goes into them, but one thing I would change is the two points at the top of the front forks,
notice the two points at the top of the springs, no prizes for guessing where they would end up in a frontal collision!
an old reworked B.S.A. (Birmingham Small Arms), I think it is a M33,
another gem a Porsche 365 roadster,
in stunning condition, I would like to think it is a real one, but out here who knows?
three wheelers out here as well,
a KTM Super Duke, looking very mean and menacing,
a much more modern BMW than the single I saw before,
any bike show would not be complete without a traveling cocktail bar, but still a bit early in the morning for me!
there were two motorcycle manufactures at the show, Harley (no brochures),
and Kawasaki, as Kawasaki were the only one to give out free brochures here it is,
and prices,
there were lots of clothes on sale as well,
another 'one off' custom bike,
another Harley,
I had to give up on this one, named on the tank a Solifer,
and Horex on the engine, other than finding out it was made in Germany there seems little trace of it,
plunger rear suspension,
and a nice spring/damper arrangement for the drivers seat,
another rave from the grave, a Ford Angilia from the UK,
these B.S.A.'s keep crooping up,
similar plunger suspension to the Solifer,
I have seen a lot of these Yamaha singles around town, when up north I went a shop that imports them second hand from Japan, but there is a problem with the ownership book, but I think there must be a local importer as there are a lot of these in Pattaya,
just as we arrived home, Jac called round in her new truck,
all smiles as she drove off down the road, then it was time to get ready for the Saturday evening chat and drink.

No comments: