Wednesday 10 March 2010

It Was An Early Start,

we had to be at the Nissan garage for 8.30 in the morning,
the truck was due for it's 40,000 kilometer service,
from memory the last time it was serviced about 3 years ago at 30,000 kilometers it was about 3,500 baht, but not this time,
this is the view with the garage behind me looking towards Bangkok, the chicken place is in the distance, one belt that drives the alternator and I guess the servo had to be replaced, change the oils in engine and transmission, re gas the air con and everything else that needed changing and I was 13,440 baht poorer, good job I brought the Barclaycard along! it was also mentioned that the tyres were 7 years old and should all be replaced, for some reason I thought about 2,500 baht each, boy was I wrong! at the first tyre shop I was told 3,800, the nearer I got to Pattaya the more the price went up, 4,200, then 4,600, the highest at the last tyre shop we tried was 4,800, as Big Jim commented later in the evening I should have driven away from Pattaya they might have got cheaper! so I will put that off for a month or two, by now it was after 4.00 in the afternoon, so a quick sit down for a cup of tea then glad rags on, this was the dress we had bought yesterday and out for Riza's birthday party, Secrets taxi prompt at 6.40,
Mike very kindly decided to hold the party in Cherry's and birthday girl Riza receives a present and card from Big Jim, in truth her birthday was last week but she was on a visa run so it had to be postponed till this week,
a happy Mike joined by David whose house we had been to before,
Jay and Precil were also there,
'Ah!'
David's lady was also there Goi posing with Diana,
Precil and Riza,
first stop the salad bar,
all smile please! also the complimentary starters had arrived,
then the main courses, pork chop for Precil,
Mike and David had veal in mushroom sauce,
'Cheers!' form all of us with the main course,
Diana as lovely as ever,
Big Jim and myself had braised steak,
and 'cheers!' from me,
after desserts followed by tea or coffee it was time to make our way home, Mike very kindly gave us a lift home, Jay and Precil also called in, so it was feet up, a couple of drinks and put the world to rights, then off to bed, once again many thanks to Mike and a Happy Birthday to Riza.

No comments: