Tuesday 27 April 2010

I Had A Busy Day Today,

so up and at it! first stop the post office in Jomtien on Soi 5, the same Soi that the immigration office is in,
looking towards the sea, then off to Pattaya Tai to pick up my dry cleaning and drop it at home, also on the way back out drop off some more washing to the local laundry,
I was going to Carrefour on Pattaya Central, many times various companies had a stand in this area, like car or bike manufacturers but today nothing doing,
at the entrance a local artist had made a sculptor from pieces of wood, clever but not really my taste,
the reason I was going to the store was to get a new Internet provider, the satellite I have at over 24,000 baht a year is only now working from 8.00 in the morning till 11.00, just 3 hours and then it is painfully slow, the rest of the day it sort of starts then stops, so here I am at 3BB, the ladies here spoke fairy good English, all I had to do was give them a signed copy of my passport and my address, the lady that was helping then took a book which had a diagram of all of the streets in Pattaya found my house in it and made a note of where it was, the cable is for the Internet only, no phone line on it, the hope is that it will be laid in the next week or so, then when we return from the Philippines it will be connected to my computer, the brochure from 3BB, the service I have gone for is just over 1,000 baht a month, I was told the cheaper service is fine in Thailand, but a bit shaky if you want to read the papers as I do from the UK,
by now I was getting a little hungry so I stopped off at this sushi stand, the lady does not look very happy in the picture, but she could not stop laughing when I showed it to her,
all the sushi here was 5 baht each,
on the way back I called into the laundry to pick up the washing I had left last week, in the 3BB bag is the dialer for the new service,
8 pieces 40 baht, complete with the sauces and a fork, great no washing up! which is what I did next, I had run out of clean cups/mugs, then Mick called in for a chat, as soon as he left Mark called in, good job I did the washing up, but I should have said that the death trap for me, the kitchen, struck again, I smacked my head on the kitchen cupboard that is over the sink, whilst Mark was here Harry telephoned to say that he could not change his flight so he was leaving this evening so did I want to pop over for a farewell drink, so when Mark left a quick shower and off I went to Harry's hotel,
'Cheers!' from us and a safe trip to Harry,
on the way to see Harry the traffic had been held up by this procession, but I caught it up again on Second Road as I was driving home, a Buddha image was on the lead truck, then an advertising truck,
following them a low loader with a reclining Buddha image,
with some monks using water to bless well wishers,
after the reclining Buddha there were some seated images,
on normal sized lorries,
I guess they were all going to be installed in a new temple,
then a second lorry followed on,
home for another quick shower then it was off to meet Eric and friends at the Great American Rib Company on Thepprist Road,
as the sign says great ribs,
there is indoor or outdoor seating,
Eric had ribs,
I had a steak,
some one ordered a sizzling dish, and boy was it sizzling!
but it eventually cooled down,
by now lots of food had arrived so it was heads down and tuck in!
Eric had seen a new bar, Secret Motions, just of off Theppersit,
strange place, 3 ladies inside, that was about it so we left,
and arrived at the Buffalo Bar on Third Road, where we had more than a few vodka sodas, then time for home,
but just as we got out side I noticed this,
a rocket launching kids buggy, not that strange, but what was is that some one had taken the time and trouble to make it remotely controlled, great fun, then home to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very poor show today.Errors galore.
Should be sculpture, not sculptor.
Fairly, not fairy
Were not was. (sushi)
Outside is one word in English, as is someone.
Methinks you need a proof reader!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous I certainly do need a proof reader, and we all appreciate your kind offer to be mine, let me have your email address I will send all copy to you, naturally I would expect copy to be returned in less than an hour so I can keep to my publishing schedule, by the way you still do not appear to have picked up on my deliberate grammar mistakes, I guess they are too subtle for you? he-he! best regards, Stan and from the Philippines Diana.