Friday 28 May 2010

Fishing Today,

so first stop, some bait, I parked the bike at the back of the market and walked through the dried fish/squid section,
past the butchers and bar-b-q stalls,
to the seafood part of the market, to buy a kilo of squid for bait,
then I picked Mick up in the truck and we were off to the boat yard,
the tractor pushed us out to sea,
and we were away, our first stop was the small island you can see it to the right as you look out to sea from Pattaya Beach, it has a lighthouse on the top of it, I took a few pictures of it, but, as I was transferring them to my computer the battery in the camera gave out, so I lost the 4 or 5 shots that I took there, fishing wise it was slow, not a bite, so it was anchors away!
and we sped across the bay to The Sanctuary Of Truth, the building is over 100 meters tall, it is at Rachvate Cape, Tumbon Naklea, Amphur Banglamung, the good news is that not many people have shots of it like this from the seaward side,
it is entirely made of wood, allegedly there is not a single nail in its construction,
the decorations consists of thousands of carved wooden sculptures, every gable is decorated, it was in construction when I first came out here in 1982, work is still going on even today, we tried our luck again there, but nothing for the pot, so a quick sprint along the bay, then disaster struck, we had run out of beer!
so we started moving closer to the shore, past the beaches in front of the hotels,
until we came to the parts of the beach with umbrellas on,
we anchored up,
then Mick went on a mission of mercy before we both became too dehydrated,
and in a total coincidence a guy that was in the same mini bus as Mick yesterday when he did his visa run was on the beach,
mercy operation a success!
'Cheers!' even though we had a fish less day it was so pleasant sitting in the boat having a chat and a drink,
mission of mercy part two, we ran out of beer - again!
where are the floating 7 - 11's when you need them? they are everywhere else! but Mick being a first rate Captain came to the rescue yet again,
this was the box we were going to put the fish in that we caught,
score so far fish 0, beers 8,
then home to the boat yard,
a quick blip on the throttle to put the boat on the trailer then park it up,
but it is not all over yet, Mick is very proud of his boat and always washes the salt off with fresh water,
whilst he was doing that I had a stroll around the boat yard,
Mick multi tasking,
a very sun burnt me with the towel Diana had bought for me for when we go fishing,
then cover off of the engine, WD 40 sprayed to repel any water plus an application of grease to the steering and throttle linkages,
then home for a pork chop and all of the trimmings, Diana was going to make a prawn salad, but reasoned I would be hungry after hauling all of those fish into the boat, well she was half right, I was hungry, but alas no fish!
then feet up to watch some DVD's, first The Bourne Identity,
followed by The Bourne Supremacy, I must admit I did not like either of them, but then I am sure I nodded off a couple of times, but I did become fully awake for The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Golden Pince-Nez, Sherlock Holmes and his brother Mycroft investigate the murder of an amanuensis who clutches a pince-nez and whose last words were, "The professor--it was she" then off to bed.

No comments: