Thursday 17 June 2010

Do Not Mess With Fish 99,

and you thought fish were fun! well I did when I read this story, it appears that a aquarist may have released a piranha in to a pond in Radnor Park, Kent, it was allegedly caught by angler Derek Plum, 46, I guess it was an unwanted pet, but looking at the story it is a bit fishy, assuming the man put it in the pond a week ago it would have to have been unseasonably hot for it to have survived, the fish which weighed just 1lb 4oz, put up a huge fight, Derek said: "I felt an almighty tug on my rod - next thing I knew it had dragged my line about 500 yards" 500 yards? that must be a world record! but when on the bank, "Luckily, the fishing hook had fallen out of its mouth otherwise I would had somehow had to remove it myself." lucky indeed! great story, pity it did not keep to April 1st I wonder if any one concerned with this story has a now empty fish tank at home?

No comments: