Sunday 13 June 2010

Gee But It's Great To Be Back Home,

sounds like a song, well it is of course, by Paul Simon, from Bridge Over Troubled Water, I actually bought the LP in 1969, but on to Friday, up first thing and off to immigration for my 90 day check in, fill out the form, get a ticket from the number machine, two people in front of me, out in under a minuet, the building on the right of immigration is almost finished, it looks quite nice, then off to the bank, just where I park first thing in the morning it appears to be a off loading point for local produce, I spent the morning get the blog up to date, then off to the market, but first a quick stop in the Kodak shop, this is outside the Decorum shop on Pattaya Tai, the Kodak shop is opposite, it was a secret mission, it is Diana's birthday at the end of the month, so I had to get her present wrapped,
the marine fish tank in there still looking good,
in case you are wondering the main difference between keeping fresh and saltwater fish is the filtering systems, whilst most freshwater aquariums can have an internal filter most marine if not all successful ones have a under tank system as well, typically like this one, it features a wet/dry trickle filter, (in this case at the end of the aquarium), coral gravel p.h. buffer compartment, the same for seaweed growing and a protein skimmer, not for the inexperience, unless you have the help of a good retailer,
you can not miss the Kodak shop, it has a shoe shop outside! then in to Soi Bukaow market proper, boiling oil as usual looks menacing,
as I am now back I bought a few fish here,
unlike the one on Third Road this is quite small, we will be going to the one on Third Road on Saturday,
normally this stall just has a few bulbs on sale, but I guess it must be the time of year for them now,
all shapes and sizes of them, then feet up and watch some television, we also had a cup of tea with Mark when he called round,
then off to the Friday night market on Theppresit Road, Diana was wearing the watch that Steve and Kai had kindly bought for her,
I needed a new watch strap, but no matter where I go it is always 150 baht, then I saw these at the market, 150 baht for a new watch, strap and I guess battery, so I bought this one, not 10 minuets later I went past another stall selling them for 100 baht, D'Oh!
in the animal/plant/fish section a red face batfish, (Platax pinnatus), do not be tempted to buy one of these, they are very difficult to keep, and a blue spotted stingray, (Taeniura lymma), also not really an easy fish to keep happy,
then back to the bar where Geoff was waiting having a beer,
again the clothes stall had pride of place opposite the bar,
Diana had bought a thingy for her new phone, I bought a LG phone in the UK as my Thailand SIM did not work in the UK, the LG phone and SIM card was £14.00, with £10.00 of calls on it, in effect the phone was only £4.00, I was going to keep it myself and give Diana my Nokia N97, but she wanted the small LG,
as Diana came back to take a picture a quick 'Cheers!' from Geoff and myself,
later in the evening/early morning we watched Steve Martin in Sgt. Bilko, much though I like the original series this film is so funny, in truth I can not think of a better actor to have played this role in the film as Steve Martin, then off to bed.

No comments: