Saturday 25 September 2010

By Now I Have Had Enough Of Not Going Out,

although still painful we decided to go to Tesco's, in a move guaranteed to increase the number of accidents there the entrance to the bike park has been moved, so going down the ramp you have to cross the path of cars leaving the car park, so you either 'T' bone a car or it does it to you, unless one driver gives way - which I can assure you over here seldom happens, and why were we here? for a ice cream of course! or in my case a milk shake, whilst there Steve from the UK called, so we had a good chat, surprisingly we were the almost the only customers in Swensens, normally there is only one or two empty tables,
Diana had a huge chocolate ice cream, no change there then!
after dropping Diana off it was to the bike shop, the dipped beam part of the headlamp was not working, new bulb and tyres pumped up 50 baht, less than a £1.00, I have mentioned this before on the blog, but if you want to be really mean and save money use the high or main beam during the day, by doing that you get more use out of the low beam as it is only used at night, on a bike out here under normal circumstances the high beam would never be used, but now it is being used more than the low beam,
on the way home I called in to see Mark for a cup of tea and a chat, then off to the Friday night market in Tepprisitt,
this time I walked along what in the day time would be the footpath or sidewalk, but on market nights it becomes part of the market,
I spotted a new bike for me, a 50 c.c. Stallione Mini, at one time small wheeled bikes like this were illegal, but this one had red plates so they can be taxed and insured and driven on the road, but I suspect not on the Sumkivitt highway, just local streets,
opposite the bar a stall had been set up selling phone cards and air time, but I am not sure what company, I am with AIS so I did not pay much attention,
a better shot of the new tourist info box over the road from the bar,
then home for a chicken curry, just to make my day complete a tooth decided it had enough and dropped out, so off to the dentist tomorrow, smile for the camera!
after our evening meal Without a Clue, a great twist in this film which I guess will infuriate the Holmes purists, Holmes is a bummerling drunk actor whilst Watson solves all of the crimes, a real gem of a comedy on so many levels, so good I might watch it again in a few weeks time,
not so many in the Hitchcock's box now, but this one we both really enjoyed, Rear Window, the main star is wheelchair bound but spies on his neighbors as the rear window of his apartment looks out into a quadrangle, he suspects a crime has been committed, but how to prove it? by today's standards he would of course be banged up for stalking, but in those untroubled times life was different, a quick shot of Tales of the Unexpected then off to bed.

No comments: