Wednesday 15 September 2010

Straight On To The Post Again,

as far as I could see there was nothing interesting, amusing or weired in the news today, we started the day by going to the cinema at the Central Festival complex, yet again the bike parking section was absolutely full, the attendant showed us where to park blocking four other bikes in, were hoping to see piranha in 3D but it was not on, the 3D movie that was we did not fancy seeing so it was down to the food hall, we wanted to buy some Alaskan King crab as we had enjoyed it so much, but when we picked up the pieces for sale they had no weight to them, I guess that being frozen air had got into them and dehydrated the insides to nothing, the good news was that we joined the club card holders club for 50 baht, the card gives up to 50% off some items, mainly fruit so fresh strawberries here we come! but just a small point, although there was a good selection prices here are high, even higher than Friendship and that is saying some thing! for instance, the Australian baked beans here 63 baht Friendship 41 baht, but the savings on fruit is well worth stopping for if you have the card,
after we returned home Jay and Precil called in for a cup of tea and a chat, when they left we had our evening meal followed by some very tasty strawberries, which were huge,
then Diana decided to open some of her Hotel Chocolate that we had bought in the UK,
they were delicious! Diana ate three to my two,
then feet up settle down to watch some DVD's, first up Mary Poppins, I bought this for Diana as a long time ago I was trying to explain the film with supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in it, a real fun/dance movie,
then a much more serious movie, I may have mentioned we bought the box set of Hitchcock's movies, next out of the box Vertigo, the plight of the star I have much empathy with suffering from the same complaint myself, though I have to say I have not passed out through looking down from high places I feel decidedly queasy, the last time I was on the balcony of a friends condo, Ray, boy did I have a bad nightmare that night! but on to the film, with out spoiling it if you have not seen it, all is well with a friends marriage, or is it? the hero follows his friends wife who appears to have been taken over by at times another person, or has she?
then to Outland, firmly set in the future on Io, a moon of Jupiter, a ruthless mining operation stands by whilst miners commit suicide in bizarre ways, enter the new marshal in town, I could not help thinking of High Noon as I watched it, then off to bed.

2 comments:

Mocha Joe said...

Great Blog Stan - Keep up the good work.

Diana seems to love the 'Hotel Chocolate' range, but whilst in the UK did Diana try good old Cadburys? If so, what did she think of Cadbury chocolate?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mocha Joe, many thanks for your kind comments, yes Diana has tried Cadburys but unfortunately after Hotel Chocolate, so she compares all other chocolate to that, but one favorite she dos have is Cadburys Aero, the mint flavored one, I guess things may have been different if she had tried Cadburys first, but it was my fault, the first time I went to the UK when we first meet I brought the Hotel Chocolate box back with me, so that is her yardstick now, best regards, Stan and Diana.