Monday 13 September 2010

Sunday Lunch At The Robins Nest,

Big Jim called around for a tea and a chat during the week,
so we meet him there,
if you think he has lost some weight you would be correct, some 70lbs, or so, 'Cheers!' from both of us,
whilst enjoying my medicinal red wine I noticed this tangle of wires opposite, it is not an unfamiliar sight, it is just that for all of the low voltage cable mixed in with high voltage ones I am amazed there are not more electrical fires over here,
them home to clean the gravel in the aquariums,
and give them a 20% water change,
we then settled down to watch the second part of Lord Of The Rings, then glad rags on and out on the town,
Diana looking as lovely as ever,
Walking Street was very busy,
much more so than last Sunday,
the 'New' Moulin Rouge, there seems now to be three upstairs table dancing places on Walking Street employing European ladies, I have never been in one myself so I can not comment on what they are like inside,
I just love the neon signs,
we called into see Grieg in Lollipop and had three drinks with him there, we knew that Juu would not be in town, so at 10.00 we decided to spend the next couple of hours in Secrets, have a few there then home, Diana went to the bathroom I ordered as usual diet coke for her Vodka soda for myself, imagine our surprise when a Jack Daniels and coke arrived for Diana! unfortunately the waitress miss heard me, so the drink was changed and a note was made on the bill, I thought that was that, but the waitress then came back and said that I had ordered a Jack Daniels, I repeated I had not, I had ordered Diet coke, a few minuets later she returned and started speaking to Diana in Thai, Diana apologised and said sorry I do not speak Thai, then back to me, you ordered Jack Daniels again, enough already we paid our bill and left, the good news was that we were home by 10.30, the bad news was that we will not be going back, mistakes happen but why make a crises out of it? this was the Lord Of The Rings, The Two Towers, we watched in the afternoon, for us an enjoyable movie, most probably part three tomorrow,
when we returned from the UK we brought with us a box set of Alfred Hitchcock DVD's so first one out of the box Psycho, I actually first saw this at the cinema in the 1960's was it scary or what! it seems tame now, but not so then, after a cup of hot chocolate it was two more episodes of Hill Street Blues then off to bed.

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Actually Stan, most of that tangle of wires that you see on all of the utility poles around Thailand... probably 90% of them... are phone wires. And out of those phone wires, probably about 90% of them are disconnected. If the phone company would just take the time, they could clean up that eyesore.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, I am sure a lot are unused, also I would guess the TV cable company has a lot up there too, but I am still amazed though that more of them do not chafe together over the years to cause more fires, still just as long as it doses not happen to us all is well, best regards, Stan and Diana.