Saturday 9 October 2010

Up And Out Shopping,

Diana went to the market for some fresh fruit,
I went to the beauty saloon store just past it,
last year we bought an electric hair clipper, once a month Diana runs the 'number one' plastic attachment on the clippers for my haircut but the tiny drop of oil that came with it was just about finished so I went back to buy some more, I had seen sewing machine oil in the market, it looked like the Singer product you buy back in the UK, 15 baht a small bottle, but I thought I had better buy the correct thing, in the saloon store it was exactly the same product, but only 10 baht, next on to Tuk Com,
the side entrance to Tuk Com, we wanted to buy one of the water squirter things, our new pump has a higher water pressure than the old one, so a few things have developed leaks, 75 baht and we were off,
Diana wanted to wash the sofa covers and tidy the house up, for me it was feet up to watch the last of part of volume two, A History Of Britain, if you are looking for a series that deals with this subject so far I would really recommend this one, then off to the Friday night market, in the bike park I noticed this colour coordinated bike, a sort of wood finish on the panels and matching seat,
although we were early the market was packed,
I bought some pyramids I guess you would call them of candles to burn in the house, not that it smells but I like the scent they give off,
opposite the bar you could this week arrange for a test drive,
now sweeping across Thailand, hula hoops, in all sizes and colours,back in the 1950's every kid down our street had at least one, I have not seen them since then till now,
and a snappy little number in the shape of a hand bag,
Diana returns with the nights shopping,
on the way back to the bike park there was this nice Vespa, I do not think it is a new one, just that some one had spent a huge amount of time and money to refurbish an old one,
back in to the Bond box for Diamonds Are Forever, great fight scene in the lift, I read somewhere that because of the confined space it was particularly difficult to choreograph, of course Bond wins, the fight, the girl, the diamonds - no wait the diamonds are still in orbit!
then a change of Bonds, this time Rodger Moore in Live And Let Die, (later Sir), Diana was not so keen on the new Bond, but his character grew on her during the course of the film, especially the comedy of the script, the bus chase also received full marks, then off to bed.

No comments: