Sunday 10 October 2010

What A Relief!

I have just found out the every day I spent in Junior school could have been my last! all the junior schools I have visited or attended have had the kids paintings displayed on the walls in corridors, in fact at Elmwood and Benson it was a honour to have a painting thought good enough to be put in the entrance hall, happy uncomplicated days, but not any more though, the London Fire Brigade have told staff at Comber Grove Primary School to remove all combustible materials from walls, which is a pity as the school was praised by Ofsted for its wonderful art,

'Schools like ours are easy targets for an officious fire officer, this inspector was one of those guys who comes around, sucks his teeth and says 'It's the worst I've ever seen,' It's not, of course, it's just silliness, 'the artwork may be combustible, but so are children's desks and chairs, shall we get rid of all those, too? I guess in some schools the schools notice board that the pictures are pinned to will have to go as well, or did the Fire Officer miss that one?

No comments: