Sunday 28 November 2010

I Had The Day Already Planned,

spend the morning continuing playing with my stamps, but first unlock the gate, as I walked past Diana's plant, you may remember she planted it a few weeks ago, I was amazed at how much it had grown, also it had it's first fruit, well it is a cucumber like vegetable really, now just a few inches long, but I guess one day it will be in the pot,
back to the stamps, glasses on and concentrate!
not many envelopes left now,
carefully does it,
it looks like a stamp but is actually a commemorative or Cinderella stamp, it can not be used as a postage stamp, just something to remember an event by, there seems to be a revival in these, but still for just £4.99 I have this little piece of history, just think, this souvenir is 78 years old,
older still is this one at 87 years old, I wonder if I will see it to be 100? because they were of no value so many were thrown away, but now collectors are beginning to appreciate them in their own right, £3.20 bought this beauty, when I used to collect these as a kid they were in the 20 for a penny box, I liked them then and still do now, but in those days serious stamp collectors would not have them in their album, nor would they be listed in any of the catalogs, shame really as so many of them are really very nice,
all to soon the day spend past, we had heard that Grieg was now working at the Carousal in Soi Diamond on Thursday evenings through to Sunday, so we were off on the town,
Diana glad rags on and ready to go,
Walking Street was it's usual blaze of colour, not to mention packed with people,
walk up Soi Diamond and there it is, the Carousal,
we were joined there by Tom and Mr. Tony, along with Grieg we chatted the night away, at about midnight we decided to go for a stroll along the strip, by now it was really packed,
I just love all of the neon signs,
we slowly pushed our way towards the end of the strip, the high season has really started now,
we then decided to make our way home, but I knew we could not walk past Boots twice!
next get a motorbike taxi home, but first past over Second Road, it is being resurfaced,
starting a few weeks before the high season in November and scheduled to end after the high season has finished in February,
Second Road is reduced to one lane of traffic, you can imagine the chaos that brings in the daytime, I often wonder having been here for some 28 Christmas's why this sort of work always happens over Christmas? I am not joking when I say this, major road works happen every year at this time that I have been here, still I should not complain at least the roads are being renewed, then home to Poirot, The Chocolate Box, 20 years before, Poirot agrees to investigate the death of rising young politician, Paul Deroulard, Poirot believed Deroulard had been poisoned, likely from a box of chocolates, but could not make the charge public, maybe 20 years on he can? then off to bed, busy day on the stamps again tomorrow!

No comments: