Sunday 3 April 2011

After Watering The Plants,

it was off to buy some more, I took the truck, I wanted to buy Diana a couple more of her miniature garden plants or I should say rocks, so back to the market near Mini Siam,
another stall has started selling planters,
next stop the stall selling the moss on rocks, now which one or two for Diana? I also liked the round pots, to keep them watered just put water in the pot, but then thinking about it, it looks like mosquito heaven, the other thing I wanted to buy was some moss, in the hope it would spread between the rocks, 50 baht a box,
a quick look around one of the fish shops,
there seemed to be even more stalls here than last time we visited,
this is a new stall, selling drift wood and furniture,
another strange looking flower,
I wonder what creature fertilizes them, bee, bird or bat?
I next spotted a rather nice bonsai,
before looking at another fish stall,
the water lily stall looking as nice as ever,
especially with these blooms on display,
yet another fish stall there were 4 here in total,
lots of clay pots to chose from,
then I saw these pine trees, I decided on a whim to buy a couple and try my hand at making them into bonsai when we come back from the Philippines, as I had the truck it would be no problem getting them home, two for 260 baht, a bit expensive, but these things have to be tried,
I was talking to a friend during the week about these ready made waterfalls,
I am not sure about the price of the first one, but this one was priced at 30,000 baht, (£615.00 at today's rate),
home drop off the plants and then pick up Diana's welcome home presents,
I always look at and take a picture of the marine aquarium they have there, the good news is that they still have the same fish as when the aquarium was first stocked, so they must be doing all of the regular maintenance that a marine aquarium needs,
but of course you need a fair bit of kit to keep it all well maintained, this is part of the filter system under the aquarium,
Friendship car and bike not so full as it is not market day,
no bikes in front of the shrine,
and what did I buy? cat litter, no we are not getting a cat, it just so happens that cat litter makes a good bases for bonsai soil, really! the only problem is finding which one out here is baked so it does not turn to clay when it is wet, so I thought I would try this one first,
Diana's presents waiting for her return,
two new rocks, 'planted',
next apply some moss,
and hope that it takes,
there are nearer restaurants/pubs to me but the food is so good here I returned again to the Punch & Judy,
'Cheers!' from me, today a chicken and mushroom pie, with I am happy to say lots of chicken in it, unlike some chicken pies I have eaten in the past where it has been a game of 'find the chicken!'
it was a late breakfast/lunch and all too soon it was time to head for town, as I neared the front door I could smell the Jasmine through the mosquito screen, the bush is about 20 feet away,
the closer I walked to it the more intense the fragrance became, looking at the flowers there are still 30% or so open,
then to Marine Plaza, I could not remember that they had a new spirit house with coloured lights, so I took a picture of it any way,
Walking Street was packed as usual, there seems to be many tourists here, I guess with Songkran just around the corner many have flown in for the celebrations,
I meet up with Juu in Champions, later we were joined by Brian and Sa, then Slim Jim called in having just returned from the States, with I must add a backpack full of candies for the staff, we drank the night away, Juu very kindly gave me a lift home, feeling a bit tired for me it was off to bed.

No comments: