Thursday 14 April 2011

The First Car Rolls Of The Production Line At Morris Garages,

since the Longbridge car plant shut 15 years ago, it is the first all-new MG since the MG F was launched in 1995 and has a genuinely new octagon-badged car, the initials MG stand for Morris Garages, which was the Oxford distributor for Morris cars; co-incidentally, it was also owned by William Morris, later Lord Nuffield, the new car has been designated the title of the MG6, the Chinese-owned firm the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation is looking at a guide price around £15,000 the price will be critical to a successful relaunch, the parts are supplied by China and assembled in the UK,

dare I say it? for me the looks are more critical than the cars price, a car that looks good sells almost despite the price, for me this design, (not that I could do any better!), but I am sure someone out there could, looks well, bland, boring and ill designed, take just two things for me that look 'odd' the front wheel does not seem to fit the wheel arch, also for me the crease along the bottom of the doors looks like some one has damaged it whilst it was left parked, just a good job the photographer took the shots from the best angle! but having said that I wish the company every success in selling the new model, also I hope the sports version soon to be announced will look a lot better, forget about the looks, buy British!

No comments: