Friday 1 April 2011

Yes well, if you watched the previous video to the end,

there are life times and life times! but one thing I did find out is that some types of cat litter can be used to make bonsai soil, so off to Lotus to have a look, problem is that Lotus do not sell the same brand over here, back to the drawing board,
I always find this store just outside Lotus fascinating, lots of things I could do with, but once purchased would never use,
but as I was nearly on Sumkivitt I decided to have a look at some of the nurseries on the road, first this one it is just a few meters past the junction for the Pattaya Indoor Sports Stadium on Chaiyapruek 2,
it was deceptively big,
do not be put off by the small frontage, just turn left as you pass it and then left again into their yard,
they have so many things there like this outdoor set of bamboo garden furniture,
two double chairs and two singles, table and roof 4,500 baht, delivered to Pattaya, I did not haggle as I did not want it, so a bit cheaper if you want a set and have the time to haggle,
another few minutes drive brought me to this nursery, a few hundred meters before Pattaya Floating Market,
first thing I spied were these juniper shrubs, possible bonsai projects I wondered,
then even more, these 100 baht each,
of course I had a look in the covered area,
they had many of these insect consuming plants for sale,
the hapless creature slips into these cups where the plant then derives its nutrients from the insect, the cup of the one above just a couple of inches from top to bottom,
these two how ever are six or so inches from top to bottom,
I wandered back out to the street,
then back through lines of palms,
it was like a jungle in there!
then towards the road again,
I spotted these flowers, not sure what they are called,
but they certainly looked strange,
after spending time at this nursery it was time to make a U turn, just past Pattaya Floating Market, next stop past the Dinosaur park, (no they do not have live ones!), to the next garden center, on the way back to Pattaya,
some ornamental fish bowls at the front,
into the plant or I should say palm section,
then the plants,
I have always liked this palm,
with it's red stem,
as this was my last stop before heading home I decided to buy some more coconut chips, 20 bahts worth,
all set and ready to go, I had also purchased 5 more highly coloured shirts form Lotus whilst was there, so off I went, along the Sumkivitt highway, although I had glasses on I was constantly being blinded by flying dust from the sack in front of me, not to mention the trail of coconut chippings that marked the road on my way home,
after dropping of the chips and shirts at home, I was hungry so off to Tara Court for a late breakfast,
it like all hotels has a shrine or spirit house outside for any spirits the building of the hotel may have displaced,
very nicely laid out inside,
small breakfast, just 95 baht,
on the way down the hill to Pattaya there is another nursery so I decided to stop there,
as you might imagine lots of plants,
these almost looking like red fire,
I also noticed this nice looking butterfly,
then home to look at my new shirts, 59 baht each, I can not wait to wear them!
then for my evening meal, I at first went to the Chinese in The Village, but their menu had been cut down to just a dozen or so items, when I think of Chinese food I think of chow mien, or chop suey, unfortunately nether of these were on the menu, I did think of plain rice with some spring rolls but at 80 baht for boiled rice and 200 baht for 2 spring rolls I decided to make a move, to - you guessed it the Punch & Judy,
'Cheers!' from me, with a steak and mushroom pie, when I returned home I did not turn the television on, I sat at the computer and listened to music all night, well I say all night, but when I noticed it was 2.30 in the morning, for me it was off to bed.

No comments: