Monday 30 May 2011

After A Shower And Shave,

we made our way out for our evening meal,

we had decided on Clarke Quay,

it is a large complex over looking a dock area, the place is huge and thankfully covered in,
but this was one thing we both found in bad taste, a restaurant provided all of its dinners with wheelchairs, it must just be us but we both thought it was a little tasteless at best,
this part of the complex revolves round a central hub with a stage,
next over the bridge by Riverside Point,
there were dinning areas on both sides of the river,
so many places to chose from,
there were plenty of hotels in the area,
I had the camera on night setting, I quiet like the way it made the water shimmer and reflect the lights,
the Riverside from the other end of the river,
one of the nice things about the rain/sun covers was that they change colour,
for instance yellow,
purple,
a sort of copper I guess,
and blue,
we then found a place by the water in a place called the Warehouse Bistro, 'Cheers!',
with a nice view along the river,
this is the boat type object on top of a hotel illuminated at night,
our meal arrives,
chicken and chips for Diana,
salmon for myself,
and very nice it was too,
for dessert Diana had coffee creme brulee and hazelnut ice cream,
I tried some but I was so full, I did not order dessert, the staff were so attentive, we had a wonderful meal,
afterwards I started playing with the new camera again, I wanted to capture the ripples of the water reflecting colours of the lights, above is the first attempt,
a few adjustments and this is the second, I think I prefer the first,
one last look over the river,
through the avenue leading to the taxis, then back to the hotel and bed, busy day tomorrow.

No comments: