Sunday 28 August 2011

Another lazy day,

the hibiscus in the front garden really liking the constant downpours,




we bought several of them a few months ago,


they really seem to like it here, during the afternoon/evening I popped over for cup of tea and a chat with Mark, it gave Diana some time to watch horror movies which I am not too keen on, but whilst at Mark's house we had some episodes of the 1976 series Sailor, fascinating to watch, I am thinking of ordering the series myself,

then home feet up for Rorke's Drift 1879 - Against All Odds, featuring extensive re-enactment action footage and dramatised eye-witness accounts of the battle, this DVD tells the story of the British soldiers who successfully defended Rorke s Drift against more than 4000 Zulu warriors, it also includes period images and photographs, computer graphics and expert comment from Ian Knight, one of the worlds leading authorities on the Zulu Wars, for me worth every penny of the purchase price,


Solomon Kane takes on demons and devils in this action packed DVD, think Van Helsing in appearance, but I would say even better, special effects galore, the extras on the BluRay showing how it was all done was almost a film in it's self,


to round off the evening we watched the first of a 3 DVD set Lost Worlds,


I think the back of the DVD cover says it better than I ever could, a treat to watch, then for us off to bed.

No comments: