Friday 11 November 2011

I Do Have A Fear Of Heights,

so when I first looked at a picture of the wooden skywalk,


I knew it was not for me, the oriental Skywalk is situated 4,700ft above sea level on the side of the Tianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie, China, but then a new part of the sky walk was opened,



using  glass as the floor, the 70ft bridge allows tourists to look through 2.5in of crystal-clear glass to the Canyon floor below, shoe covers are provided to stop the glass from being scratched, when finished the 'road' - which is the width of a dinner table - will stretch for 1.8miles making it China's longest sightseeing path, a four-mile-long cable car was constructed in the park, which is said to be the longest of the same type in the world, nice though I am sure it is, I think I will give this one a miss, but for those with a good head for heights it must be a splendid view.

No comments: