Wednesday 2 November 2011

We Had A Quiet Day Today,

Juu called round in the early afternoon,


so I popped over to see him at his home for a few drinks, we watched some of the excellent River Monsters I had lent him on his huge television, very impressive, then back to the soup stall for this evenings meal,


 chicken noodle soup, delicious,


 the owner hard at work,


 whilst waiting for the soup I noticed this Kawasaki,


I had seen a few of theses around town in traffic, but I had never been close enough to take a picture,


 quiet nice looking if you wanted some thing different from the usual step through bikes that are so common out here,


 Diana was feeling a little peckish so she stopped off at this stall for a few more nibbles for later in the evening,


I have to admit I was a bit dubious about this DVD, World War 1 in Colour, it claimed that the footage was coloured using using a computer to colorized footage from World War I to give the audience the feel of how it really looked back during the war, having seen some 'coulurised' film before I was not sure what to expect, but I was in for a treat, the film was better than I could have hoped for,


not only were there huge amounts of footage I had not seen before, but images I had only seen in black and white were really brought to life, another bonus was that a book I had read a year or so ago about the life of Harry Patch featured him amongst others being interviewed in the programme, I did not finish the first disc, but what I have seen so far was excellent,

in case you do not know The Last Fighting Tommy: The Life of Harry Patch, the Only Surviving Veteran of the Trenches, is a book of his life, a great read, he was not a hero or a coward, just an ordinary guy, like so many on all sides doing what he thought was right, 'A deeply moving tribute to the courage and suffering of all who took part, and to the fallen' The Times, as Harry said, 'I went and did what was asked of me and no more,'


Falling Down was for both of us a strange one, the hero if you can call him that, is outraged at the price of a drink, simple do not buy it, but the hero goes one better and trashes the store, then goes on a rampage, good if you like the citizen takes the law into his own hands type of movie, but it left us with no feelings of guilt or pity for the hero, it could have been so much better,


then it was as if it was goodbye to some friends, the last of New Tricks, The Fourth Man was the last in series 7, the good news, series 8 is being released on November 21 but back to The Fourth Man, two guards died,allegedly at the hands of vicious Michael Denby - the fourth man in the robbery that took place 30 years ago, John Felsham, now a deputy assistant commissioner, was a bent copper who it is rumoured tipped the villains off, but can the team prove it? next for us off to bed.

No comments: