Sunday 4 December 2011

First Thing Pop Into The Kodak Shop,

I had to pick up some presents that I had left to be wrapped yesterday,


I know a part of Christmas is wrapping the presents but I make such a hash of it I leave it to the professionals,


also yesterday I spotted a Volkswagen and posted a picture of it, on the way home I spotted another seemingly immaculate one, the difference being this one was for sale,


 I am not too sure about the style of the wheels,


 but everything else looked good,


if you are buying a car or bike out here it must have a book, like the ownership papers in the UK, with out the book the vehicle can not be taxed or insured, this one has, I have been told, the correct book and all of the necessary papers, also it is air conditioned, if you want a slightly different mode of transport yours for 150,000 baht, (£3,120 or $4,866 at today's rate), but I did not ask how old it was,


 then home to a very surprised Diana,


 she did not see me buying her presents or taking them to the wrapping shop,


 so it was out with the tree,


 and the lights and tinsel,


 so many presents and so small a table!


 then the lights were switched on,


 next off to the soup stall,


 for some chicken feet soup, it may not look so good, but it is so delicious,


 the owner busy preparing our meal, at 30 baht each it is also very reasonable,


 one of the other nearby stalls,


next stop Walking Street with Juu, this is the view looking towards the Diamond Beach hotel from the street,



 we made our way along the street after having a few in Spicy Girls and a few more in The Sea,


 we walked past the Cavern,


 towards Bali Hai pier,


 till we walked to the Roxy,


where we were greeted by one of the charming ladies outside, we had a few with Grieg before making a move,


 to Champions, inside we meet up with Steve and were later joined by Slim Jim, as you might expect we all had a great time in there, then it was time for home,


 when I arrived this little fellow was there to greet me,


 I am not quiet sure what species it is, but at least it did not end up in the pot,


we watched another MonterQuest, this one about feral dogs, the team of 6 caught a dog and placed a collar and camera on it, what a load of clowns! in less than 5 seconds after being released the sedated dog shook the collar off, we were then treated to a demonstration of how not to handle a dog and ensure at least one of the team is in a position to get bitten, this show with a little editing could be marketed as a comedy,


but then a change of pace, it is rumoured that a population of chimpanzees now lives in the Florida Everglades, this I could believe, although no pictorial evidence was shown there were over 70 recorded sightings, escaped pets could be living there, I doubt a colony, but in captivity chimps can live up to 60 years so, (30 - 35 in the wild), so for my money I would not be surprised if a escaped or unwanted and released chimp is out there,


we then settled down to a real comedy, perhaps the funniest episode, The Entertainer, that features Fran who decides to take up piano lessons with a very prominent teacher, then for us off to bed.

No comments: