Thursday 26 January 2012

During The Day Mark Called Round,

we chatted about the changes that I had seen in Cambodia,

since my last visit there some 8 years ago, also about Burma or I should say Myanmar and the cost of flights, the cheapest I have found on the Internet are around £350 for the one and a half hour flight, which seems a lot, but then in the evening it was glad rags on as we were off,

 to China Garden for our Wednesday night out,

 we had arranged to meet up with Mr. Tony, after some prawn crackers we had a selection of starters for three,



 the restaurant was quite full so it was hard wok (work), in the kitchen!

our main courses consisted of special chow mien, prawns and beansprouts along with chicken in black bean sauce,

 'Cheers!', from all of us,

both Diana and myself were so full, but Mr. Tony was intrigued by the fried ice cream, so he had to try some, we already had tried it before but it was not to our taste, the outer coating has to be quiet thick to stop the ice cream melting, the conclusion? as he said it was different, worth trying, but maybe not again,

he then very kindly gave us a lift home also in a nice gesture treated us to the meal, a big thank you to Mr. Tony, 

as soon as I arrived home I had a glass or three of medicinal red wine, then for some strange reason I fell asleep,

during the day we watched True Crimes in History it is a 6 DVD set, so for today disc 1, Butch Cassidy, Vincenzo Perugia, (he stole the Mona Lisa), Chester Gillette and Machine Gun Kelly,




in the evening Young Frankenstein, believing that the work of his grandfather was nonsense he changes his mind when his grandfathers secret library is found, work is then begun, after this we put another DVD on and I did my falling asleep trick, so with that we were off to bed.

2 comments:

nycasual said...

350 British Pounds to go to Myanmar??? Air Asia is offering flights from Bangkok to Yangon, Myanmar for 1,390 THB (approx. 28 British Pounds)

www.airasia.com

PattayaStan said...

Dear nycasual, many thanks, I just typed in cheapest flight, but I guess airlines like Air Asia, Cebu Pacific et al are not included in the search, but the price of 1,390 baht puts a different spin on things, best regards, Stan and Diana.