Sunday 12 February 2012

I Have Split Our Return To The Bike Show Into Two Posts,

I took too many pictures!


 what a difference a day makes, bikes everywhere,

 and a couple of cars, we had seen the blue Dodge before at the rear of the Friday night market,

 but this Lincoln Continental was new to us,

 a work in progress I would guess,

 the once empty stalls from yesterday doing a brisk trade today,

 a different look for a Harley Davidson,

 and a totally different look for this bike and sidecar!

 there were a few more in the old bike section, like this Harley,

 as I made my way for a closer look the ice bike came past, must not hold up the beers!

 a nice clean Ariel with fish tail silencer,

 keeping to the Americana influence a troupe of red Indians put on a show, it was their wigwams in the showground,

 a winning combination, a BMW with a Steib sidecar,

 many years ago I can still remember my good friend Chris, now in Brighton, thundering through Beckenham High Street with a Steib sidecar attached to his Vincent motor bike,

 notice the plunger rear suspension on the BMW,

 a natty little CZ

 I have to admit I do not know what this one is, 

 and here is another one!

 the work that has gone into some of these machines is truly amazing,

 a nice single seat racer,

 a few more clothes stalls are here today,

 this looked interesting, but unfortunately there were no details about the car,

 one of the smaller Harley's,

 there was one big stand here selling second hand bikes like this Ducati,

 but they did have some new bikes like this Gorilla,

 and sidecar, I have been told they are between 50 - 125 c.c.

at the other extreme, the Suzuki Hayabusa, it has 1340cc, in-line, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, although top speed has been reduced and is now electronically limited to 186 miles per hour, the bigger engine allows the latest Hayabusa to accelerate under 10 seconds within a quarter mile, crikey!

 bikes, bikes and more bikes,

there was a rumour of Royal Enfields being brought over here from India, this is the Royal Enfield Bullet, about a year ago a delegation came here with a view to exporting them from India or maybe manufacturing them here, but so far nothing has been heard about the outcome,

 now to the only manufacturer to show his fans some support, Ducati,

 and what bikes too!

 lean mean muscle machines,
 my dream, the Ducati Monster 796,

 I would dearly love to see this parked in my drive,

regrettably this is the only view I will have of one as it accelerates into the distance as I try to catch up on my Kawasaki 112c.c.!


when I see the number of bikes on the road out here I was amazed that not a single manufacturer apart from Ducati was here, I would have thought that people who import or manufacture bikes over here like Harley Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha or even Triumph would have had the decency to hire a tent, put one bike in it and hand out leaflets,


at least show their customers a little support, but what a slap in the face for people that have spent money on a bike and then for that manufacture not to be here for the one event in Pattaya of the year, but here's to Tony and Ducati, many thanks to you all for taking the time and trouble to put on a show of bikes, as to the other makes shame on you all,

 moving on, another different Harley Davidson,

nicely finished in matt black and gold,

 there had to be an Easy Rider,

 nice,

 a Ducati Diavel, 162 bhp on tap, that's more than my 3 litre turbo charged truck!

 another custom HD, no spokes in the wheels,

 a pair of Ducatis,

 is this how it all began? a small engine in a bicycle frame,

and here we have the 50c.c. (I guess) Road Wing, complete with front disc brake, pedals and air operated horn, yours for 20,000 baht at today's rate £412,

 another custom Harley,

 the red Indians take a break from putting on their war paint and show.

No comments: