Saturday 3 March 2012

First Stop The Bank,

where does all the money go?

 still blue skies, the birds are singing, no traffic and all is well,

I spotted this on the way back to my bike, it always amazes me the amount of time, money, blood, sweat and tears that some of the enthusiasts out here spend on their bikes,  

 next stop the other bank opposite the Pattaya Beer Garden,

 the Samsung sign above Walking Street still working, this time show an advertisement for Ocean World,

some time ago I parked by bike at the bottom of Mark's driveway, the owner of the house opposite did not see it and reversed across the road over it, (good job it was not a kid in a pram!) some damage had been done to the casting that held the mirror and indicator/horn mechanism,

 well eventually the whole thing was moving around so it had to be replaced,

I called in to the usual shop that services my bike with the expectation of ordering the part and having it fitted next week, mainly because the bike must be 10 or more years old, so you can imagine my surprise when the owner walked out with a brand new part, and there it is fitted,

 and now ready to go, 180 baht including having the tyres pumped up,

 next stop the Friday night market,

 hardly any clouds tonight, I had to get Glen into the shot,

 opposite the bar there is going to be a show this evening,

 Glen and myself had a quick walk round the market,

 strawberries still in season,

 a sweet stall next door,

 these look like the jelly like sweets that Homer likes,

 I always shiver when I go past this stall,

that huge pan of boiling oil on the corner, to me it always just seems to be waiting to be knocked over,

 we walked along the pet/fish aisle,

 sunset over the market,

Glen and myself settled down in the bar, then Diana returned from her shopping expedition, with nothing! that was a surprise,

 a little later Sa called by with one of her nephews,

 before we left the market we had decided to have a bite to eat at the Punch & Judy,

 so many things to chose from,

 beer and steak pie and chips for Diana and myself, 'Cheers!',

 shepard's pie with cheese for Glen,

 with tomato sauce,

then we naturally had to have the house speciality, banoffee pie, we made our way back to 388 where Glen made a move back to his hotel, whilst we settled down to watch some episodes of Top Gear, as luck would have it the last one before we went to bed was the one featuring a race between three1949/50 modes of transport, the boys race a steam train, a A1 PeppercornVincent Black Shadow motorbike and Jaguar XK120 to the North of England, great fun Diana found their antics to be so funny, if only some one would persuade Jeremy Clarkson to run as prime minster, with that we were off to bed.

No comments: