Thursday 19 April 2012

With The Water Throwing Still Going On,

we spent the day inside,


but went out in the evening, following one of the many party goers,

on our way to the restaurant, every where you looked there were people getting wet,

but we made it luckily dry with Mr. Tony,

we had a window seat and could not help noticing these two in the building opposite on the top floor,

for people below it must have felt like it was raining,

but on to the food, first stop the salad bar,

which as always was well stocked,

next a few starters,

before starting on the main courses,

also there was the bar-b-q section to chose from,

a few more starters for me,

but I could not help looking at the deserts,

they all looked so nice,

I just must remember not to eat too much!

'Cheers!',

Mr. Tony making a couple of choices,

I decided on some prawns on sticks,

spare ribs for Mr. Tony,

 'Cheers!', from all of us,

 I think Diana was tempted by the wine,

 last course desserts,

 raspberries for Mr. Tony, ice cream for myself,

chocolate and milk dessert for Diana along with some fresh fruit,

 by now the roads were covered in water,

 it was a good job we were in the car,

 when we arrived home Jake was there to say hello,

in the afternoon we watched Operation Petticoat, a real Sunday afternoon film, a submarine newly commissioned is damaged in the opening days of WW II, some how it ends up being painted pink with with 5 stranded ladies on board all does not bode well for the crew, a great comedy film,

Whitechapel was next, set in 2008 and against the hugely atmospheric background of Whitechapel, London, a modern police force are fighting an old adversary, a copycat Jack the Ripper is on the lose,

I have to admit I am not a great fan of Nicolas Cage, but his part in Lord of War suited him so well I can not imagine anyone else playing it, The film is about the rise and fall of Yuri Orlov, a big time gunrunner from his first sale of a gun to how he moved on to selling tanks and helicopters, a riveting film in so many ways,

we rounded of the evening, or I should say early morning as it was 03.30 when this music BluRay finished, Queen Rock Montreal, I had never watched Queen live, so this was a treat, also I had never realised how talented Freddie Mercury, born Farrokh Bulsara was, on the piano he was first class,

 I took a couple of pictures of the show, the man himself,

a shot of Brian May,

 Queen, a great band and great songs, as I mentioned before it was 03.30 so for us off to bed.

No comments: