Wednesday 16 May 2012

I Take A Few Pictures Almost Everyday,

some days maybe a few hundred if we are at a new venue,


the downside to this daily use? my cameras seldom last for more than 6 or 7 months, they pack up, worse despite having all of the original documentation the worldwide guarantees given by Sony, Fuji and Panasonic are without exception not honoured here in Thailand, every time even though I show in the guarantee book the address of the main agents outlet I am standing in I am told to go away, so how refreshing to see a camera that still works and has lasted still working since it was first made in 1923!


it is a German Leica 0-Series, it is one of around 25 test versions produced in 1923, two years before the start of production, there is a downside to this particular camera though, did I mention it has just been sold at auction for 2.16 million euros (£1.75 million) in Vienna at the weekend, making it the most expensive camera ever sold, so I guess there is a moral here is buy a expensive camera! it appears the on average £200 - £250 I spend on a camera twice a year does not guarantee quality, note to manufactures Sony, Fuji and Panasonic, make a small camera that lasts longer, (or honour your guarantees here in Thailand), please!

No comments: