Wednesday 13 June 2012

For Us Another Day At Home,

both Mark and Mr. Tony called by for a chat,


I also printed a few more labels for the stamp collection, humming a few tunes in my head, then I started to hum what must be one of the most truly awful songs I can remember, 'I want my Baby Back' by Jimmy Cross, which got me thinking about other songs that leave a little something to be desired, the next one was a song that Peter now in Scotland and myself would sing in his Morris Minor convertible was 'There coming to take me Away' by Napoleon XIV,


shortly after that I thought of the original television series of The Avengers, aired 1961–1969, staring Patrick MacNee, Diana Rigg and Honor Blackman, taking the show one stage further Patrick MacNee and Honor Blackman were both convinced by somebody that they could sing, the song 'Kinky Boots' was then released, (at the time long boots were popular), the song as you might expect after you listen to it crashed, but it still has its followers, next on the list for me was Charlie Drake's 'Please Mr. Custer I don' wanna go!' I just love the noise the arrows make, who can forget Bernard Cribbins, with his famous or should I say infamous 'Hole in the Ground' if Alf is reading this he also gave us, 'Right Said Fred' the last one, the The Ying Tong Song by The Goonsnow here perhaps is the sad part, I knew all of the words as I sang along to the clips!

2 comments:

Mocha Joe said...

Hi Stan & Diana, hope you are both well.
One thing I have noticed on a recent trip to Pattaya, is that the state of the driving, from a safety viewpoint, is worse now than ever! I didn't think it was possible to get any more dangerous on the Pattaya roads (it was always bad!) but it seemed to have got worse!
Drivers of motor cycles, cars, food-carts don't seem to stop for anyone or anything these days. I fear when I see a meeting of vehicles head on, at speed, and missing each other by inches. Even some fareng holiday makers seem to have joined in the 'no stopping - ever' rule ..
I feel as if I am taking my life in my hands when I cross the road. As if the driving isn't bad enough, there is the blistering heat and ladies calling at the tops of their voices "Hello sexy man! Massage?!" Very dis-orientating. I have found it very noticable on the streets.
At the end of the day, I guess that is Pattaya and Thailand.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mocha Joe, you are so correct in your comments, the standard of driving out here does leave a lot to be desired, unfortunately I fear that things will only get worse, one aspect of driving out here you may not have noticed is that it is now illegal to turn left on a red light at all road junctions, even though there are signs saying that you can! two friends were caught on the same day a few days ago, also one was threaten with prosecution for having a copy of his driving license by the ticket issuing officer and two other officers at the police station, it is totally illegal to copy any Thai document unless it is signed as a true copy by a lawyer, the officers at the police station cut the copy up, so you must carry your license at all times or have your bike/car impounded until you go to the police station after having collected it from your home, but back to the driving, one thing many people have noticed out here is that it seems that many drivers will not give way, which makes a bad situation worse, but just take things easy and hope for a safe trip! Best regards, Stan and Diana.