Friday 14 September 2012

First Thing We Were Off To Fascino,

it is a huge pharmacy in Pattaya North Road,


 the same Road that City Hall is in, here they have a comprehensive selection of pretty much everything from aspirin to hospital beds,

 next stop a money exchange, so along Walking Street we drove,

 it looks so different in the daylight,

 all of the things we take for granted in the evenings being delivered in the daytime,

 we started at our bank and made our way along the street, the strange thing was that the exchange rate got better the further we went along the street,

 past the big tree,

 and Roxy's,

 and some maintenance before the evening begins,

 some one is having a new sign, it was just past here that we finally stopped, I know it is not much, but there was a half a baht to the pound difference in just those few hundred yards, every little helps!

 we then turned right along the small road that goes to Second Road,

 past a few of the restaurants that cater for visitors from the Middle East,

 I mention a few posts ago about how convenience stores open up right next to each other, the same has happened here, two shops selling roughly the same produce next to each other, it just seems a bit strange when it comes to pricing if each shop is going to undercut the other,

 now for some really good news, my diet has come on so well I am now the 86 kilo mark and for the first time on the diet I am 85.7 kilos, so we had to go out for a meal to celebrate!

 so it was glad rags on and we were off,

 to Le Bordeaux, we walked along the side of the restaurant,

to the entrance at the front,

 the card and telephone number,

and map, it is very close to the TukCom Centre so it is easy to find,

as you enter there is a bar on the left in the non air conditioned seating area, there are also seats outside,

but we chose the air conditioning,

Diana looking as lovely as ever,

whilst we were looking at the menu a amuse bouche arrived at our table, a nice touch,

 
Diana decided she fancied a glass of wine,

our cold starters arrived,

with freshly baked bread, Diana went for a prawn cocktail,

whilst I went for the prawn, squid, salmon and avocado,

we then had a break, the menu had so many nice dishes we decided to have a hot starter as well,

 
Diana ordered frogs legs,

 
which were delicious, I know because I tried some!

then my hot starter arrived, any guesses?

under each pot lid two mussels in garlic butter sauce sprinkled with parsley, I have to say it, they were so nice it is making me hungry as I write this,

Diana tried using a knife and fork and gave up, but here is the thing as the meal arrived a finger bowl was provided, a nice touch,

 
and here is one she ate earlier!

delicious, as were the mussels I had,

 
after another long break it was time for our main courses,

a pepper steak for Diana,

and a Chateaubriand steak for me,

 

both of which came with a selection of vegetables,

 
which was cooked exactly as I asked for it medium,

 
and yes I did enjoy it!

by now we were bursting,

  
in fact everything was so nice I ordered a second half litre of house red!

Diana was enjoying the wine as well,

the restaurant is nicely laid out,

 tables spaced far enough apart so that neighbours can talk but do not interfere with your own conversations,
as she ordered delight profiteroles, (orange sorbet, hot chocolate au Grand Marnier),

 
we did in fact share the one plate of them,

the sauce was so nice as you might expect, I just had to finish it all up,

 
caught in the act!


but seriously it was all so nice,

I was tempted to use my fingers to eat the last of the sauce!

 
next two complementary chocolates arrived to end a wonderful meal, our bill came to 3,050 baht, which may seem a lot but consider this, we both had a cold and hot starter each, I had almost one of the most expensive main courses on the menu coupled with the fact that I had 2 half liters of wine, also the good news is that the owners have had the foresight to offer a set menu, which I have to say looking at it and the quality of the food seems very fair, soup, starter, main course and dessert just 430 baht, or with out the soup 380,

the service I have not mentioned before was first class, the staff never hurrying you but there if you needed anything, for a delightful meal out put Le Bordeaux on your list!

then home to watch some television, feet up with a glass of red wine,

we arrived home safe and sound, then television on, we were going to watch a film, but as some of the new series, Bering Sea Gold and a few others were on we watched those instead, so back on to the diet tomorrow! then for us we were off to bed.

No comments: