Tuesday 18 September 2012

I Will Be The First To Admit,

my spelling is atrocious,


which is why I always try to use a spell checker, but then my living does not depend on my spelling skills, I would have thought that some whose job depending on being able to spell would use one, but it appears not so, across the entrance to a small cul-de-sac off the Broadway in Kettering, Northamptonshire, some one dropped the ball by not using a spell checker, resident Dave Edmunds said: 'it made me laugh when I saw the mistake they had made, it took two workers about three hours to paint the lettering, they even marked the letters out with yellow spray before painting over it and still didn’t pick up on it,' 


a spokesman from Northamptonshire County Council said: 'this was simply down to human error, We realised the mistake on the same day the road was painted, and an engineer went out to repaint the word correctly within about an hour,'



I can not say too much, I confuse letters and words, it was not till I read the article I realised it was spelt incorrectly!

No comments: