Thursday 11 October 2012

I Was Up Early,

helping a friend move,


 after that we had breakfast at Tara Court,

 which is on Pratumnak Hill between Soi 5 and Soi 6, we both went for the English fry up at 95 baht with unlimited tea or coffee,

 when I arrived back home Diana pointed something out to me,

 our Venus fly trap had claimed its first victim,

 well it was the first one we had seen,

I wonder if the triffid like pitcher plants have had any luck catching flies yet?

 next stop Makro, we were getting short of a few things we buy in bulk,

 we also decided to treat ourselves to a new set of pans,

 15 liters of wine now in reserve, along with 3 cases of soda and 2 of coke zero,

 the pans pushed us over budget, so off to the bank,

 we wanted to call into TukCom for some DVD cases, we parked opposite what was once the Gossip Cafe, but for several months now after it was cleared no further work had taken place there,

 so into TukCom to buy the DVD cases,

whilst there I spotted one of these, a Logitech play seat, complete with steering wheel, foot pedal box and gear change, (which can be mounted for left or right hand drive cars), a real boys toy and with Christmas just around the corner I started thinking, but then you have to buy the PlayStation or some sort of box to run it, but what good fun to have one of these at home, having just been to the bank we were so tempted, well at least I was! price to you out here is 22,000 baht, (at today's rate (£447.24  $715.68),


 then home and back to the painting, Diana had the dust sheet,

 so I had to be careful when painting the top half of the door, naturally I dropped more paint than you would have ever thought possible as I did not think to put newspaper down, so it was a clean up operation when I finished,

 I do not know what ached worse, my back or my knees!

 glad rags on!

 we were out to Cherry's,

 for the Wednesday night 350 baht all you can eat International buffet,

 first stop the salad bar,

 the good news was that this week the prawns were served with avocado underneath them,

but the food here is always excellent,

next course some spaghetti bolognese and slice of pizza for Diana,

 some smoked salmon for Mr. Tony, the same for me with another couple of prawns,

 another trip to the food area for Diana, baked salmon and a rack of ribs,

 baked sole on a bed of vegetables for Mr. Tony,

 a quick look at some of the vegetables and sauces that you have a choice of,

 a cheery hello from the bar-b-q chef,

 Mr. Tony and myself settled for some roast lamb, baked salmon and some shrimps on sticks with vegetables, 'Cheers!',

 on to the desserts, what a selection to tempt you,

 with ice cream as well,

 creme brulee for Diana and Mr. Tony,

 and a raspberry delight for me,

 we finished with fresh fruit and ice cream,

 and nice it was too, after a coffee or two back to 388,

 feet up for the next instalment of Judge John Deed, series 4, after a episode of that we said our goodbyes to Mr. Tony, then for us we were off to bed.

No comments: