Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Painter Got Off To A Good Start,

he arrived an hour early!


 so first thing the preparation, the hole where the previous air conditioning unit was mounted was given a make over,

 next dilute the paint with water,(if you use it neat it flakes off after a short time),

I have to say I was most impressed, the reason being if you employ a tradesperson out here it is normal for you to be asked for money for tools before the job is started, it is not unusual for a carpenter to ask for you to buy a saw and some chisels, I kid you not! in the same vein a painter would ask for brushes, but this one came with brushes, rollers, a dust sheet and most amazing of all a step ladder, as I mentioned before I am impressed,

 as I took a few shots of mixing the paint, I then noticed one of the bromiliads had a flower on it,

 it was coming out of what I thought was the flower, the pink spike,

 but this was I am guessing it, the blue flower,

 then some more filler was mixed,

 and applied,

 next for me off to the bank, the bar opposite,

 the Samsung sign still working as good as the day it was erected,

 from the advertisement it looks like we are going to have pirates in Pattaya!

 when I returned home the roller was out making a start on the ceiling,

 also outside one of the insectivorous pitcher plants had put a new leaf out, it looks almost triffid like,

meanwhile Diana has taken to tormenting the Venus fly trap, I showed her how to touch three hairs in the trap, it then closes, but of course with no food inside, to attract food for the plants we have put a couple of pieces of apple and a half a grape near the plants to attract those pesky little fruit flies in the hope of keeping the plants feed,

after looking at the plants and being reminded of triffids we just had to watch the film, the Day of the Triffids, the TV mini series, we had watched it before, this was what I wrote then, 'it's an up-to-date setting of the 1951 sci-fi thriller written then by John Wyndham, the 1981 version I have not seen yet, so on to this 2009 effort, with the world blinded and the Triffids set loose, it falls upon a band of scattered, sighted survivors to fight this carnivorous plant invasion, it is not often that a remake is better than the original, but I must say that this version is as good as the 1962 version I have seen', great fun, we also watched some more of the newly released Deadliest Catch, Pawn Stars and a few others, then for us we were off to bed.

No comments: