Monday 12 November 2012

Sunday Lunch Seems To Come Around So Fast,

so we were off out for a bite,


 to the Punch & Judy, but first I have to tell you that I had the one of the worst nightmares I can remember for many years, firstly I am scared of heights, yesterday we did a post about a the Empire State building, whilst doing so I looked at pictures of workers just walking along steel girders with out a care in the world, well in my nightmare I was up there with them, the roof of the building was flat with just a ladder leading down, but I was fixed to the spot looking down over New York, it does not seem so bad now, but in my nightmare I was terrified!

 back to our meal, as usual we were well looked after by the staff,

 we all ordered chicken liver pate,

 served with  a smile,

 the pate was served with salad and pickle,

 after a break our main courses,

 Shepard's pie for Mr. Tony, trust me to press the shutter just as he blinked!

 cordon bleu chicken for Diana, stout and steak pie with home made chips for myself,

 we shared a banoffee pie, but I teased Diana by taking her spoon,

 we finished with a coffee,

 a latte for me,

 and a cappuccino for Mr. Tony,

which was a work of art in it's self, another lovely meal we then made our way home to find Precil waiting for us in our front garden, she chatted with Diana for over an hour then went home, meanwhile we watched some Cajun Pawn Stars, we were both amazed at the money being offered around, 4 US bank notes for $550,000 but the offer was refused, also an early recording by Jerry Lee Lewis was valued at $15,000- $20,000 by a music expert, the buyer offered $35,000 but the seller refused to budge from $100,000,

 during the course of the evening we snacked on fresh fruit,

whilst watching a couple from New Tricks series 1, in episode 3, Josh, one of a group of five peace protester is killed near a nuclear base in 1984, nothing much happens for 20 years until one of them is sentenced to Broadmoor for murder, then as the team investigate Special Branch Officer Greg Johnson admits to Sandra that his people disposed of Josh's body and the murder weapon to avoid publicity, where will the investigation lead now? in episode 4 a 10 year old is murder on a golf course, 20 years on the case is reopened,

after we said our goodbyes to Mr. Tony we settled down to finish the second half of Silent Witness, Gone Tomorrow, whilst accusations are pointed at the pilot could something else have caused a helicopter taking oil workers to a oil platform to crash? with that we were off to bed.

No comments: