Saturday 13 April 2013

There Did Not Seem To Be Anything That We Found Interesting, Amusing Or Just Plain Weird,

in the news today, so straight on with today's post,


 Mark and myself had arranged to meet for breakfast at Tara Court,

 which is on Pratumnak Hill between Soi 5 and Soi 6,

 there is parking for motorbikes at the front near the shrine,

 and a under hotel car park to the right of the entrance,

 as you walk into the foyer turn right into the restaurant,

 which is comfortable and has televisions normally showing sports, we both went for the small English breakfast at 105 baht each,

then home but on the way I stopped off to buy two lengths of aluminium and a cartridge of silicone glue, the rainy season has started, talking to a friend I found out that yesterday Pattaya North was flooded to above your knees, so it was time to put our flood defences up, we put a piece of perspex across the door then support it with a piece of aluminium,

 naturally I put the pieces I used last year in a safe place, so safe I could not find them!

so I spent a happy few hours filling down the new pieces to make them fit, I then siliconed them in place, again naturally the tube of silicone I had just bought had gone off in the tube, so back to the shop all smiles as it was changed, but just my luck, over 100 cartridges of silicone on the shelf and I get given the one that was off, but eventually the front door was finished,

 then to the back door, looking from the outside,

and the inside with the aluminium bar in place, hopefully this will keep all of the flood water out, the marks on the blue perspex are from the tape we used last year, which was quiet effective but some water still did seep through, so this year we are hoping the silicone will make a 100% seal,

next a quick shower and off to the market, I had to wait ages for that bird to fly across the scene looking towards Jomtien,

 just a couple of clouds looking inland,

 opposite the bar tonight a stall selling biscuits and a secondhand clothes stall,

 there were a few people in the food aisles,

 we must have been a little bit later this week as the ice truck had already unloaded and was on it's way,

 just a couple of perspective pet owners in the pet section,

 although I am not a fan of small dogs I always think these small dog coats look sort of cute,

 the sun going down looking towards Jomtien,

 on the way to the bar I walked past the stall selling biscuits and cakes,

 I was tempted but then remembered my diet!

 there were not many at the bar tonight, then after Diana returned from Lotus we made a move home,

 for our evening meal after a cheese salad Diana brought out a creme caramel she had made, what a treat! it was delicious,

 after the meal we watched the final episode of Gormenghast, did the young pretender made it to the top? despite the star cast and special effects quiet frankly we did not care, for us the series just did not jell,

but what we did care about was another one from Silent Witness, we watched both parts of Terminus, then as it was late for us we were off to bed.


No comments: