Sunday 30 June 2013

Good News At The Hospital,

after having my wound dressed,


I was told that on Monday hopefully the stitches will be removed, I then made my way to the Friendship car park, regrettably yet another of my crowns had dropped out, a slight bit of bad news as I made my way across the road to the dentist as he was closed this Saturday, so I will call in to see him on Monday after my visit to the hospital,

 before I left for hospital I had arranged to meet Steve in the Punch and Judy for a late breakfast/early lunch,

 a cheese and Branston pickle sandwich myself,

 complete with side salad and coleslaw for just 100 baht,

 Steve went with the Saturday special of chicken Madras curry with pilau rice, poppadoms and other condiments for 210 baht,

 the Punch and Judy card,

with a map on the back,

 the afternoon just flew by then it was time for our evening barbecue, the new barbecue was quite a bit larger than our previous one,

 so I only lit half of it up,

 but like the previous one it still produced copious amounts of smoke,

 but thankfully the fire at last took,

 and soon the charcoal was glowing a nice cherry red,
 so now no more kneeling on the floor for Diana as she cooked our evening meal,

 after our starter of garlic bread the prawn kebabs were served,

 we normally spend the evening chatting away, but for tonight's entertainment the electrical transformer which is half outside our house and half outside the house next door,

 decided to put on a small fireworks display for us as one of the breakers/switches/fuses? decided to start glowing a nice cherry red,

 this might explain our power cut of yesterday evening, our next-door neighbour did say that the electricity company had already called round in the early hours of the morning, whilst chatting to her more droplets of molten metal fell from the piece of equipment,

 we sat back down to continue our meal but then in a grand finale sparks started flying out sideways, but then they stopped and unit seem to cool down to its normal operating temperature, since then we've had no further problems with it or power cuts,

 so we continued our meal, last Monday we had bought a couple steaks and let them mature in the fridge for five days,

 so we had them with garlic and onions, toasted bread and broccoli, I have to say in passing that keeping the steaks in the fridge rather like a butcher would hang the meat made them extremely tender, but despite that they were rather lacking in flavour, still at 77 baht for both steaks they were not exactly the most expensive to buy, never mind next week will have chicken!

 apart from the barbecue this was Diana's main birthday present,
 a gold ring which she was very pleased with,

 then what better way to round off the meal than a pastry horn filled with cream, 'Cheers!',

after moving indoors we decided to watch a film we had seen before The Odd Couple, made in 1968, for me a brilliant film, Diana also found many of the lines funny, the thing about this film is that it almost seems not to have dated, if you have not seen give it a try,


keeping to a comedy theme we then decided to watch Airplane, although dated I have to agree with one commentary that a viewer of the film said, 'It is my understanding that there are still a few people in the world that haven't seen "Airplane!" yet, those people probably are still waiting for electricity, indoor plumbing and all the other great advances in humanity, too', I have to agree, as I said a little bit dated but great fun to watch, with the end of that film we were then off to bed.


No comments: