Wednesday 5 June 2013

I Am Sure We Have All Heard Of The Art Of Bonsai,

the art of arranging miniature trees and shrubs in small planters,


I know I certainly have, killing off more of them than you can shake a stick at, but here is a miniature garden I have not heard of before, bonkei (literally “tray landscape”) refers to the equally age-old Japanese tradition of arranging small greenery like rocks and moss to create a landscape,

well now you can try this at home thanks to Chiaki Murata and his lifestyle product brand Metaphys, he has put a modern twist on the art, creating a series of planters to help spruce up your desk,

the homes (2,625 yen) can be used alone, or you can combine multiple buildings to create a small town of green rooftops, so instead of me killing off just one tree with too much care and affection I can now kill off a whole garden!

No comments: