Wednesday 26 June 2013

I Have Split This Post Into Two Parts As There Are A Lot Of Pictures,

first a bit of good news,

calling in first thing at the hospital the doctor examined my wound and decided two things, firstly from here on in the dressing would be a waterproofed one, meaning that I did not have to worry about getting it wet next time I took a shower, secondly as it was healing so well I need only called in to have the dressing changed once every other day, arriving home I picked up Diana and we made our way to the Soi Bukaow market parking up in the Friendship car park,


we both walked in from the Soi Bukaow end,

as I did so I could not help notice this motorcycle & sidecar struggling along the road,

I don't know what the loading is for a motorcycle like this but I'm guessing all those bags of ice weigh a little bit more than the sidecar manufacturer ever imagined it would carry,

so into the market past some of the numerous clothes stalls,

in the centre of the market the fish stall had set up once again,

but this was the chap I was really looking for, I had noticed his stall many visits ago, but since first spotting him this was the first time that I was aware that he had returned, he was selling a selection of bulbs, notably Amaryllis, as we seem to be quite successful with these I wanted to buy five different varieties from him but I also noticed that he had some lily bulbs for sale so I bought five of those as well, the price for each bulb was 20 baht, so over the next few days will have to find a couple of pots and start planting,


then back to the market,

this stall holder was showing a fair degree of forward planning, although difficult to see he was already offering Christmas illuminated decorations for sale,

 
I passed a few of the food stalls which smelled delicious as lunchtime was coming up,

then passed a few stalls at the far end of market that were selling bits and pieces for hair care,

 
I had already bought a few presents for Diana's birthday so I dropped them off at the Kodak shop for them to be gift wrapped,

 
the marine aquarium in here was looking as good as ever,

it contains both fish and invertebrates,

the fish included Bangaii Cardinalfish, (Pterapogon kauderni), some times called the Jewelled Cardinalfish,

 
a regal blue tang, ((Paracanthurus hepatus),

and a blue Damselfish (Chrysiptera cyanea),

a slightly better picture of the tang,

the Bicolor Angelfish (Centropyge bicolor) was also looking good,

after dropping off the presents to be wrapped I wandered back into the market to have a look around the pet and plants section,

 
it seems it is the season waterlilies to flower,

almost everyone here,

had a flower or two, I met up with Diana but unfortunately the café we normally have a coffee in was closed, so we made our way across to our bike in the Friendship car park where we did some food shopping,

 
I have to admit the last time we were there we bought a cream horn, well it was so delicious we just had to buy another one today so that was our afternoon treat, then all too soon it was evening and we were out for a meal.


No comments: